cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 3,905
Message 1 of 12

Win $25K in Cash Prizes Enter the Lenovo Multi-Touch Multi-Hack Online Hackathon

DEVPOST_Lenovo_Banner640x480.jpg

Lenovo is sponsoring the  Multi-Touch Multi-Hack, an online hackathon to build apps with Lenovo’s multi-user, multi-touch (MUMT) interface. There are $25,000 in cash prizes, and the winning Windows apps will be promoted across Lenovo’s dev and marketing channels. Both brand new Windows apps and ports of existing Windows apps are welcome We've teamed up with DevPost to power the competition on their platform and promote your submission to the world. 

Swipe and drag works, but it’s pretty binary. As you may already know, Lenovo’s multi-touch YOGA Home SDK lets you build apps so people can use all ten fingers to interact with a touchscreen. It also allows multiple people to interact simultaneously on the same device, opening up the possibilities for collaborative computing using natural hand movements.

Full rules and registration are @ multitouch.devpost.com and entries are due by 5pm ET June 14, 2016. Your next code win is at the tip of your fingers!

Have a technical question about the YOGA Home SDK, developing for MUMT, or hacking with Lenovo products? Ask it here!

LenovoDev.com Manager
mscherotter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,822
Message 2 of 12

Re: Win $25K in Cash Prizes Enter the Lenovo Multi-Touch Multi-Hack Online Hackathon

Does the Yoga Home series have an inclinometer sensor to determine the pitch of the device?  Is there another API besides the UWP Inclinometer API to determine whether the device is horizontal or vertical?  Do you recommend using this approach to make a UI that adapts to the device posture?

Former Employee
Views: 3,803
Message 3 of 12

Re: Win $25K in Cash Prizes Enter the Lenovo Multi-Touch Multi-Hack Online Hackathon

YOGA Home uses the G-sensor to detect the state of device, like stand or flat. They have a library to support the upper application to detect the real pitch.

LenovoDev.com Manager
mscherotter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,783
Message 4 of 12

Is the G-Sensor exposed via the UWP Inclinometer sensor API?

Michael

@ksummitt1 wrote:

YOGA Home uses the G-sensor to detect the state of device, like stand or flat. They have a library to support the upper application to detect the real pitch.

Former Employee
Views: 3,775
Message 5 of 12

Hi there....let me dig a little deeper and get back to you. May need to bring another mod in to help :-)

LenovoDev.com Manager
Former Employee
Views: 3,731
Message 6 of 12

@msscherotter I confirmed with the product developer team that Lenovo didn’t use the UWP Inclinometer sensor API. Thanks.
LenovoDev.com Manager
Guru
Views: 3,725
Message 7 of 12

Hello,

I am Jonas Hendrickx, LenovoDev's technical expert, Microsoft MVP and Lenovo Insider. I have been active in Windows Store development since Windows 8.1.

I will be assisting on the forums to help answering questions related to the hackaton. I will be answering all your questions the best I can.

In the next few weeks, I will be writing several articles on lenovodev.com to give tips on developing your applications.

Best regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Looking to buy a new Lenovo product? Find your country below!

Belgium - Canada - Finland - France - Germany - U.S.

mscherotter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,720
Message 8 of 12

So how can I get the pitch of the device in a UWP app?

What was the thinking behind not exposing the inclination of the PC using Windows Inclination API?

Thanks,

Michael

Guru
Views: 3,716
Message 9 of 12

@mscherotter: I would not advice to use the sensors in a dynamic way as the Yoga Home 900 weighs 7.6 kg or 16.7 pounds. For example, if you were to create a racing game and you are using the orientation of the Yoga Home 900 to steer the car, it would be an impossible task.

But you can however use it to define the mode you are currently in for example stand mode or table mode. To give a generic example, if I were to develop a board game, I would use a side view for stand mode and use a top down view for table mode. If you were to switch modes while playing the game, you could change the camera view.

Kind regards,

Best regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Looking to buy a new Lenovo product? Find your country below!

Belgium - Canada - Finland - France - Germany - U.S.

mscherotter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,713
Message 10 of 12

I just want to detect when the device is horizontal as opposed to vertical.  How would I do that on the Yoga home?

Michael

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals