Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team

Community Spotlight

Visit the Community Blog

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Serial Port
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Print Screen Button Doesn't Work

I have a Lenovo Notebook R61i.  The Print Screen Button does nothing.  How do I print screen on this computer?
Highlighted
Punch Card

Re: Print Screen Button Doesn't Work

I'm not familiar with your product, but on my SL500, there's an Fn button on the lower left of the keyboard.  If I press that and the print screen (F6) button and then open my Windows Paint program (or any other image processing program, I suppose), I can "paste" the screen image and then edit to my liking and export as a jpg or bitmap or print on my printer.
Serial Port
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your response, knealeski, but it didn't work on my computer.  I appreciate so much, though, that you tried to help me. 

Best regards.

Serial Port
0 Kudos

I believe you need a screen capture program up and running on your computer for the print screen button to work.  I've never tried the other option, which I have been told should work.
Serial Port
0 Kudos

"I'm not familiar with your product, but on my SL500, there's an Fn button on the lower left of the keyboard.  If I press that and the print screen (F6) button and then open my Windows Paint program (or any other image processing program, I suppose), I can "paste" the screen image and then edit to my liking and export as a jpg or bitmap or print on my printer"

Hi Knealeski,

I just retried your suggested procedure for print screen, and it worked!  I pasted the screen capture into Word, and it did appear.  So, thank you for your help.  I don't know what I did wrong when I tried this earlier, but obviously I messed it up somehow.  Much appreciated!!

Serial Port
0 Kudos

Thank you Leah for your response to my print screen problem.  It brought me back to the issue, which I had abandoned, and I am all set now.  Have a great day, and thanks for your time.