Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtho
Paper Tape
Views: 2,417
Message 1 of 6

Dual external monitors for MIIX 510?

I am quite sure that MIIX 510 (with HD620 graphics) can support USB Type C to HDMI, but I am not sure if it can hook up to 2 external monitors via  USB Type-C to dual HDMI dongle like this ONE?

A follow up question is that can MIIX 510 support USB Type-C to displayport? Can it hook up to 2 external montiors by using dongle like this ONE?

Thanks in advance!

WT

bobdonkey
Token Ring
Views: 2,382
Message 2 of 6

Re: Dual external monitors for MIIX 510?

I can't answer about those adapters specifically, but I have used Miix 510 with the Lenovo USB-C dock and 2 displays connected via Displayport, and it works perfectly. So the USB-C port does support dual displays.

nimack
Paper Tape
Views: 383
Message 3 of 6

I am really puzzled. I saw this post before I got a Lenovo USB C dock, for my MiiX 510. It encouraged me. I also chatted on line with lenovo sales people on 2 different occasions checking out what the dock could and could not do ( discovered that it did not deliver power to the lap top - ok),  also  the website advertises that the USB C dock is compatible with the MiiX 510.

Ordered it. But it did not support 2 display port outlets, using  diplayport-HDMI adapters. After a fair bit of checking, Lenovo Tech support tells me the MiiX is not compatible with USB C dock! (Or rather only a couple of things work wihich is hardly compatibility). My eyesight is not great. I really would like to use the MiiX with  larger displays & a keyboard.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 366
Message 4 of 6

Hi, first let me say I have zero experience with this configuration...

Are your DP to HDMI adapters active or passive?  I don't know which dock you're using, but some can't handle that conversion without an active adapter.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Highlighted
nimack
Paper Tape
Views: 363
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the comment. The dock is the Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock https://www.lenovo.com/au/en/accessories-and-monitors/docking/universal-cable-docks-usb/Thinkpad-USB... . this has 2 display ports. In my previous set up I used display port to HDMI adaptors , cables, to run two monitors, a DELL & an ACER. Unfortunately I do not know the sort of  differences between ative and passive and the various other acronyms and variants that make upt the specs of these ports, cable outputs, requirements etc. And I notice that the specs are often not clear or detailed when you purchase them.

nimack
Paper Tape
Views: 243
Message 6 of 6

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Are your 

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Are your DP to HDMI adapters active or passive?  I don't know which dock you're using, but some can't handle that conversion without an active adapter.

Z.

I don't know which dock you're using, but some can't handle that conversion without an active adapter.

I have a simple cable with a DP input and female end fo the HDMI cable.  I assume that means passive. The dock that I have been tryng - with a great deal of help from varioius Lenovo tech advisors, replacing drivers etc - is the Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C dock, advertised as compatible with the  miix510. I begin to wonder if my monitors ( a Dell, and a more recent Acer) have some thing about them that means I can only run one at a time on the miix. Previousl i used both simultaineously with a dell laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors