Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

08-12-2015

Tulsa, OK

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 3

Failed windows 10 reset has bricked my tablet.

2015-08-12, 22:33 PM

So recently i upgraded my yoga 2 tablet to windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool, it took about 25 tries and kept failing with the terribly descriptive "something happened" error message but finally went through after i reset win 8.1 to fresh and then did it.

After the upgrade it worked alright but was kinda buggy and a little slow compared to my laptop with similar specs that runs win10 flawlessly. sometimes screens would blink or the start menu, apps, or the notification menu would open stutteringly so i decided to do a Reset to get that fresh win10 experience.

The win10 reset failed somewhere in the middle and the tablet would try to start then say "there was a problem and the tablet needs to restart" with the added error message "boot device unavailable" or something like that and then the tablet wouold auto restart and then show the same thing again in a loop.

Any attemp to reset via bios just fails.

After multiple attemps to reset via bios i tried re-installing windows with a usb drive made from my laptop and that worked but the new installation refuses to respond to the touchscreen and only woks with usb mouse and keyboard via a hub. and it runs terribly slow.

I also tried to submit a service request form but when i click submit nothing happens.

Options

16 Posts

07-30-2015

United States

25 Signins

155 Page Views

• Views: 155
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Failed windows 10 reset has bricked my tablet.

2015-08-13, 2:53 AM

Is there a Microo SD card inserted by any chance?

Options

8 Posts

08-12-2015

Tulsa, OK

6 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Failed windows 10 reset has bricked my tablet.

2015-08-13, 3:51 AM

There was but it was removed prior to the upgrade finally going through.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms