Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

02-23-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 1 of 6

Halo Keyboard not switching modes

2017-02-23, 22:57 PM

pretty much like the title, i can't get it to switch from keyboard mode to pen input mode (though it does recognize the pen when i place it on the table, but does not have palm rejection) I've uninstalled the hand full of programs i put in it prior to the failure, but short of doing a full system reset. (how long does that take anyway?) is there anyway to get that fixed?

Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Halo Keyboard not switching modes

2017-02-24, 11:49 AM

Hello CandidAstrius,

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Previous advise by "davidbenton"

You can turn off finger touch input in the Device Manager under HID devices by disabling the device - but that's not something you'd want to do on a frequent basis. This shouldn't affect input using the Anypen because that's a different device.

There has been some disatisfaction expressed elsewhere in the forums about the lack of palm recognition. It may be that, if and when Lenovo address that, it would do enough for what you want.

I think the reason "ignore touch input when i'm using my pen" doesn't work might be because it was built for Surface devices and only works with pens that use similar technology.

Hope this help you, let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

312 Posts

11-19-2016

1897 Signins

9880 Page Views

• Views: 9880
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-02-24, 18:37 PM

How peculiar! Krakken seems to cut and pasted my response to another post on a different problem here under his or her own name!

The suggestion I gave didn't work anyway, as the OP there stated and I later confirmed.

Can't imagine why this has happened.

Options

571 Posts

07-07-2014

Philippines

314 Signins

10362 Page Views

• Views: 10362
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-02-24, 21:26 PM

Hi CandidAstrius,

If I got the issue correct, the tablet does not stop using the Halo keyboard. I hope you don't mind me asking, when the issue happens are you still able to see the letters on the keyboard?

For you second question, the factory reset may take about 10 to 20 minutes. You just have to press and hold the vol up + power button until you see the Novo Menu. Select System Recovery.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-02-25, 17:27 PM

Sorry, edited my post to reference your name

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

3 Posts

02-23-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-02-28, 0:19 AM

in the end the only thing that worked was doing a full factory rest, quite a handy feature that.  best as i can gather from other help forums,  windows defender flaged part of the drivers for the keyboard as a virus and deleted it, sounded odd but it did mesh up with another issue i had at the same time,window defender and bit defender (my prefered brand) both started throwing error messages.  any way key board and pen input both work again, though the pen input seems to lack tilt detection

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms