Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orthoducks
Serial Port
Views: 2,246
Message 1 of 2

How to factory reset a Yoga 11?

I'm trying to do a factory reset on a Lenovo Yoga 11. I've been studying all sorts of documentation but I'm getting nowhere. It's time to ask for help.

The machine is protected by its previous owner's password. (In case you're wondering, I rescued it from my company's e-waste bin.) Thus I can't log in. The manual says I can do a factory reset from a bootable flash drive (I don't have one) or the boot options menu.

The manual doesn't say how to get to the boot options menu, but I found a forum post which says to press the Novo key. So, where's the Novo key? The post has a link for that, which takes me to the manual, which doesn't say.

I found a Lenovo support page which says that "Novo button is either a small button or pinhole with a backwards arrow icon next to it resembing an upside down U." There's no such icon on this machine. There's an unlabeled pinhole on the left side, but I stuck a paper clip in it and nothing happened; it feels like there's nothing behind the hole but a solid surface.

What should I try?

Highlighted
nayss
Paper Tape
Views: 233
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to factory reset a Yoga 11?

hi orthoducks,

try this one :

1 - Press power button + Volume up button simultaneously in power off mode

2 - Get into NOVO menu and select System Recovery. Then follow on-screen instructions to finish the reset

...or, at Logon screen press and hold Shift + restart the yoga 11....

then you can reset it to factory defaults.

working with me (Windows 8 RT ARM device)...

best regards, nayss

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors