Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-18-2021

Indonesia

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 6

IdeaPad Duet 3i - Battery Drain After Shutdown

2021-05-18, 14:34 PM

Hello Everyone! First of all, happy Eid Mubarak for those who celebrate it!

It's been almost 3 weeks after purchasing my IdeaPad Duet 3 10IGL5, and I'm having a really serious problem with this tablet.

My tablet's battery keeps discharging even after it already powered off. I really remembered my battery was around 30% before shutdown on last Sunday night. And before I write this topic, my battery was already 0%! It's really bad I even need to recharge my tablet after few hours of being turned off, not to mention it will affect to battery lifespan (fully discharge to 0%).

I've been experiencing this problem since day 1, I updated my Windows and drivers especially BIOS to latest version EQCN24WW. I even turned off fast startup and disable Always on USB on Lenovo Vantage. For additional, I always use battery in Conservation Mode.

Any thoughts, suggestions or workaround for this problem?

I also found someone with similar experience months ago but no replies:

Ideapad Duet 3i - Battery draining after shutdown - BIOS problem?-English Community (lenovo.com)

That is all from me, really sorry for bad English. Thank you very much!

Answer
Options

2104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

144 Signins

10650 Page Views

• Views: 10650

Re:IdeaPad Duet 3i - Battery Drain After Shutdown

2021-05-18, 17:28 PM

Hello ikikinoko,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Kindly go to BIOS and load the default settings, be sure to save before exiting.
You may also check for updates, thru the support site (instead of Vantage)
Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Replies(5)
Answer
Options

2104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

144 Signins

10650 Page Views

• Message 2 of 6

2021-05-18, 17:28 PM

Hello ikikinoko,

Welcome to Lenovo Community

Kindly go to BIOS and load the default settings, be sure to save before exiting.
You may also check for updates, thru the support site (instead of Vantage)
Update us how it goes

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

1 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

05-18-2021

Indonesia

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-05-20, 15:46 PM

Hello Lorenzo_Lenovo, thank you and sorry for the late reply!

I read your reply last night, and followed as you asked. I set my BIOS back to default and saved it, also preformed update on support site (all my drivers were already latest).

I recharged my tablet to 60% before going to bed so I could check it back how much it discharged. As I generated battery report via powercfg.exe (picture above), really shocking that battery was still 60%.

So far your suggestion works like a charm but can I keep checking it just for a week? I'm not kinda sure so that I want to make sure that problem is really solved, I will collect more battery reports per day and update it here.

Regards,

ikikinoko

Options

2104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

144 Signins

10650 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-05-24, 20:56 PM

Thanks for the update.

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Options

3 Posts

05-18-2021

Indonesia

8 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-05-26, 16:17 PM

Hello Lorenzo_Lenovo, thank you for waiting my progress!

I observed my tablet for a week, and concluded that Always On USB (BIOS or Vantage option) is the root cause of battery discharging.

My workarounds were:

Day1 - 4: I left BIOS on default as you suggested, no discharging occurred.

Day 5: I modified some BIOS settings (disabled PXE Boot to LAN, Intel VT, Always On USB), discharging occurred.

Day 6: I have suspected Always On USB to be honest, so I enabled it back (it also shown Charge in Battery Mode sub option but I kept it disabled). Discharging was still occurred.

Day 7: I enabled both Always On USB and Charge in Battery Mode, no discharging occurred.

That is all! Enable Always On USB (include its sub option) solves battery drain for time being, but I hope the next BIOS update can address this problem. Once more, I really thank you for your solution.

Regards,

ikikinoko

Options

2104 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

144 Signins

10650 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-05-26, 17:02 PM

Thank you for updating us here.
Glad we're able to help you out.

You're always welcome here at the forums
Take care

Regards, 
Lorenzo_Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)