Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 1 (210 Views)

Lenovo Miix 2 11 - USB problem after Windows update - Windows 10

Hi there,

I am hoping somebody can help me out here please. On Saturday, there was a Windows update push  and my tablet lost its USB functionalities including the keyboard. The device also fails to turn it self off physically unless it's forced to by pressing the power button down for a few seconds. It give me a blank screen but the fan is still on.

In order to troubleshoot, I went through a couple of System Restores, re-installed Windows 10. When it didn't work, I factory reset the device back to Windows 8.1. Unfortunately the problem is still there. I have also went to Lenovo website and downloaded the latest drivers and installed. Still no joy.

In the last few days, I spent hours on Google trying to figure out what to do. Under Device Manager, I see USB xHCI Complaint Host Controller shows exclamation mark with 'This device cannot start (Code 10) error. Although, I do know know if this is going to fix all of the issues I am having, it's probably related. Re-installing and trying to update this driver also does not work.

Does anyone know what else I can try please?

thanks

Shinobu

Top kudoed Authors