Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-16-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Miix-510 hard drive issues?

2020-09-16, 20:17 PM

Hi, I’ve been having some issues with my Lenovo Miix 510-12IKB tablet, and I think it may be a problem with the SSD or hard drive. When I try to boot the computer, it often shows an error saying the boot media cannot be found. I have to restart it multiple times with the power button before I can get Windows to load. And sometimes after 20 minutes of use, I get a blue screen in windows indicating some kind of system error, and the computer restarts. When it restarts though, it again can not find my boot device. It’s been happening more and more frequently. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Does this sound like a hardware problem? Is there a guide on how to access and replace the SSD? It looks pretty complicated to get to it. I’ve only had this tablet for a bit over two years and I would hate to have to replace it already.

Also, I would like to add that when I go into BIOS, it says Hard Disk [Not Detected].

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

80 Signins

4413 Page Views

• Views: 4413
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Lenovo Miix-510 hard drive issues?

2020-09-17, 8:36 AM

@ Zcooler wrote:

Hi, I’ve been having some issues with my Lenovo Miix 510-12IKB tablet, and I think it may be a problem with the SSD or hard drive. When I try to boot the computer, it often shows an error saying the boot media cannot be found. I have to restart it multiple times with the power button before I can get Windows to load. And sometimes after 20 minutes of use, I get a blue screen in windows indicating some kind of system error, and the computer restarts. When it restarts though, it again can not find my boot device. It’s been happening more and more frequently. 

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Does this sound like a hardware problem? Is there a guide on how to access and replace the SSD? It looks pretty complicated to get to it. I’ve only had this tablet for a bit over two years and I would hate to have to replace it already.

Also, I would like to add that when I go into BIOS, it says Hard Disk [Not Detected].

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the hardware maintenance manual

i will suggest resetting the BIOS settings, which can be done the following way, , you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual),  

You can use, for example a paperclip to press it, after you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small  

menu, use the arrow keys to select BIOS Setup, and press the enter key to select.

Now use the arrow key right to go to the tab called "Exit" then use arrow down key to highlight "Load Default Settings", then press  

enter, and then use arow key up to highlight "Exit Saving Changes", press enter, then press enter again to aknowledge saving, now let  

the computer boot, and see if this changes anything.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

09-16-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-09-17, 16:20 PM
Thanks for replying. I looked at the user guide but it doesn’t seem like my device has Novo buttons. I managed to get into the BIOS though with the F2 key, and I selected Load Default Settings and Exit Saving Changes, but that did not resolve the issue. I looked at the maintenance manual and the pictures seem to show the heat sink and CPU removed before I can access the SSD. I was hoping I wouldn’t have to do that just to replace an hard drive...
Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

80 Signins

4413 Page Views

• Views: 4413
  • Message 4 of 8

2020-09-18, 8:37 AM

Well, it does depend on the location of the harddisk, the only way to figure it out is opening it and see, mind you this can void your warranty, if you have any.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

108 Posts

11-18-2011

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

152 Signins

887 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 887
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-11-10, 21:59 PM

Did you ever get this fixed? I have one with the same issue.

Options

1 Posts

11-15-2020

France

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 6 of 8

2020-11-15, 15:19 PM

I have the same problem too

Options

3 Posts

09-16-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2020-11-15, 23:45 PM

No, I still have not been able to get this issue fixed. It appears to be a hardware issue and I did not want to take the next step of tearing down the device to replace the SSD because it appears to be a difficult process. From the responses, it appears this is a common problem. Maybe there is a design flaw somewhere leading to failure of the SSD.

Options

1 Posts

05-17-2021

Australia

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 8

2021-05-17, 15:31 PM

Yes, I also have the same kind of issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms