Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasww
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 645
Message 1 of 6

MIIX 520 frequent ghost touches

I have bought a MIIX 520 a few days ago, but after a few hours of use, it started to have frequent ghost touches on the top left corner of the screen (as it is shown on the video). The device is practically not usable like this. Does anyone have the same issue? Is there any fix for it? Only the call for repair? Smiley Mad

huy_lonewolf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 631
Message 2 of 6

Re: MIIX 520 frequent ghost touches

Just to cover all bases, have you updated all drivers, firmware and BIOS to the latest version? If not, please go to the Driver & Software page of the Miix 520 to download all updates. Don't rely on Lenovo Vantage for updates as the Driver & Software page contains more recent updates.

thomasww
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 624
Message 3 of 6

Yes, I'm through the standard procedure. All drivers have been updated to the latest after a fresh install (just a side note, there are only one version for each, since it is a very recent model). Lenovo Vantage tells: "Your system is up to date. No updates are available."

thomasww
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 557
Message 4 of 6

One update: turning windows fast startup option off makes things better, but does not eliminate the problem. So far a restart was required every time when the phenomena occured. Probably sleep and hybernate needs to be off too, but I need sleep option every day.

thomasww
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 485
Message 5 of 6

Update: Disabling sleep any hybernate makes things better, but still doesn't solve the problem. only disabling touch screen in the device manager does (pen is still usable this way).

Lenovo, do you have a fix?

AliMiix
Punch Card
Views: 477
Message 6 of 6

I don't think it is a driver related issue.

I experienced ghost touch, one time only but that might be a software glitch. It dissapeared after restarting and did not happen again.

I would send the computer for repair if I were you. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors