Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

9461 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78167 Signins

2247975 Page Views

• Views: 2247975
  • Message 121 of 162

Re: Miix 700 Keyboard dropouts are so vexing - need firmware update!

2016-10-21, 18:16 PM

wrote:

I agree I'm having the same thing on mine.  The TP is definately slow and adjusting settings doesn't fix it completely.

FWIW I noticed the same thing until I installed the updated TP driver (not just the firmware), rebooted and tweaked the speed a little.

You did install the driver too?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

3 Posts

10-20-2016

France

6 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 122 of 162

2016-10-21, 19:26 PM

Looking good for me too. I kept all my drivers up to date, so updating the folio keyboard wasn't a problem. The update updates the keyboard firmware, but it also updates the trackpad, and watch out, the setup isn't "visible", it is a background app that blinks in the taskbar, but doesn't pop up in front. You'll notice the slow trackpad speed, but that goes away once you start the TP update install. I've written about two pages with the new firmware, and while that isn't a lot, a simple paragraph was often more than enough to see the problem. I'll be on a train on Sunday, catching up on some writing, so that will be the ulttmate test, I'll report back once I get home!

Options

16 Posts

09-16-2016

Canada

22 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 123 of 162

2016-10-21, 19:39 PM

I know for a fact that its fixed because i type over 70 wpm and im a rough typer. I could produce thei ssue with a single sentense 100% of the time. With the test firmware it was 100% fixed but that introduced function key buggery. now this wfirmware fixes the key buggery and dropped key strokes, and the TP is much much better. Its a winner. 

Options

15 Posts

03-15-2016

United States

25 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 124 of 162

2016-10-21, 19:43 PM

Yes, there is slow trackpad speed during the install. Yes, it speeds up after installing the TP driver. But it is NOT up to the same speed it was before.  If you don't use the fastest TP setting, you might not notice it.

Options

4 Posts

09-14-2016

Canada

6 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 125 of 162

2016-10-21, 20:23 PM

i think the firmware update bricked my keyboard. i started the update and all it said was "ready update". i let it sit for 30 minutes but it didnt change. now if i try to run the update again the update button is greyed out. fantastic.

Options

14 Posts

09-16-2016

Israel

36 Signins

162 Page Views

• Views: 162
  • Message 126 of 162

2016-10-21, 22:07 PM

FINALLY a working release!! 

I first updated the KB firmware, and it turns out it's a 2 step process. First the KB firmware was updated, which worked just fine, but the second steps consists in updating the Touchpad firmware. 

The first time I ran it, I got an error message telling me "TP FW update is fail!" . and I had to close the update app. After that, the mosue cursor was very slow. I installed the updated ELAN driver, but that didn't fix the issue.

What fixed it was RUNNING THE KB FIRMWARE UPDATE once again! This time during the second process, it seems as if the program downloaded some files, there was a process with a percentage (although I'm not sure it's really a download), and after that I received a message that the update process worked.

Since then, the touchpad works just fine, speed is fine, and there's FINALLY a configuration panel for multi-fingers gestures and so on!

The keyboard seems to be working just fine now with no keyboard dropouts. Finally my 450$ I paid for the i5/4GB/128GB model are worth it :)

Options

14 Posts

09-21-2016

Canada

14 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 127 of 162

2016-10-22, 0:02 AM

I confirm this fixes the issues, it also changes the ID of the touchpad

so the touchpad driver can finally be installed, and actually works.

You have to run the firmware update twice, not just click update twice.

Actually start the update program twice and hit update once each time.

Thanks Lenovo!

Options

15 Posts

03-15-2016

United States

25 Signins

92 Page Views

• Views: 92
  • Message 128 of 162

2016-10-22, 0:20 AM

I also confirm this worked for me to fix the slow mouse speeds.  I re-ran the kb firmware and then re-ran the TP firmware and restarted, and it works like a charm.  Finally! 

Thanks Lenovo. 

Options

584 Posts

11-04-2010

Canada

811 Signins

5452 Page Views

• Views: 5452
  • Message 129 of 162

2016-10-22, 0:34 AM

wrote:

In response to customer reports of unexpected keyboard behavior when using Miix 700 2-in-1 systems, Lenovo has released a firmware update to improve customer experience.

The Service TIP with firmware can be found here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht501735

Please note that both the firmware and touchpad driver must be updated to v.12.8.11.13 or higher in order to fully implement this solution. The keyboard folio case should be connected during the update process in order for the updates to be successful.

If these updates do not improve the typing experience on Miix 700 systems, please contact Lenovo Service for a folio case replacement under warranty.

Thank you,

I can confirm the following are working:

1. Keys are no longer dropping out even when the folio keyboard is in a raised position.

2. Windows key (by itself) is working.

3. Modifier keys are working (Alt / Ctrl / Windows).

However, I can also confirm the following is still NOT working as expected:

1. Entering a double-quote character requires pressing (Shift+") x twice ...instead of once...and then the screen shows TWO double-quotes.  WHY????  This behaviour is also affecting the tilda key (~).

**The striked out issue is a Windows language issue (not the folio keyboard / firmware): http://superuser.com/questions/346142/my-windows-keyboard-is-being-clever-with-the-quote-keys-how-can-i-stop-it

Amy, this firmware is á lot better than the last, but it still doesn't address the double-quote issue.

Amy, thank you so much for helping us in the matter.  Please also express our gradtitude to the people involved in the backend to provide us with this support.

Options

9461 Posts

01-13-2008

United States of America

78167 Signins

2247975 Page Views

• Views: 2247975
  • Message 130 of 162

2016-10-22, 0:43 AM

wrote:

However, I can also confirm the following is still NOT working as expected:

1. Entering a double-quote character requires pressing (Shift+") x twice ...instead of once...and then the screen shows TWO double-quotes.  WHY????  This behaviour is also affecting the tilda key (~).

Amy, this firmware is á lot better than the last, but it still doesn't address the double-quote issue.

It's working correctly for me.  Tested in Notepad.

Do you see this in all situations where you enter text, or only in some particular apps or situations?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)