Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 141 of 154 (1,166 Views)

Re: Miix 700 Keyboard dropouts are so vexing - need firmware update!

Hello.

Is there any chance of getting a similar solution for the Ideapad 700?

It appears to be having the exact same problem.

Fanfold Paper
Message 142 of 154 (1,003 Views)

There isn't at the moment an usable folio case firmware:

vers. 0009 keyboard missing typing and driver elan doesn't work;

vers. E001 some keys or double function keys don't work and driver elan doens't work

vers. 0001 all is working but the mouse sometimes is laggy for a few seconds an become unusable, and i think that this the most annoying issue.

Anyone else has my problmes?

Reading on the formus seems yes.. if you have this problems please write a message below so lenovo maybe can works about a new (and i hope working good) keyboard firmware.

Fanfold Paper
Message 143 of 154 (981 Views)

I've begun having an issue with the Touchpad.  The new Elan driver to be precise.  It will work properly for some time, but then all of a sudden, it will barely move with the touch of my finger, as if the sensitivity is no longer working.  It is VERY irritating.  It seem as if I physically disconnect the keyboard and then plug it back in, it becomes responsive once again.  Is anyone else seeing anything similar, or have any suggestions on a solution?

Fanfold Paper
Message 144 of 154 (968 Views)

Yes, this is the problem and it is UNBEARABLE; I think it is related with the last keyboard firmware 0001. We need a fix for this. Maybe a new keyboard firmware.

Highlighted
802.11n
Message 145 of 154 (924 Views)

Lenovo needs to fix the touchpad.  Shame that it got broken (functionality-wise) while fixing the keyboard issue.

We're yet to get a fully functional Miix 700.  All these updates just show that the Miix 700 was not ready for prime time, nor is Lenovo taking product release seriously.

Fanfold Paper
Message 146 of 154 (866 Views)

The touchpad issue is much worse than the keyboard issue was. The touchpad will now just altogether stop responding, and it is unusable. Is there another thread started to address this with Lenovo? This will likely be my first and last Lenovo product. The customer service has been horrible.
Fanfold Paper
Message 147 of 154 (855 Views)

I fully agree with you, the touchpad issue is worse than the keyboard issue. We can only wait for an update frome Lenovo.

Paper Tape
Message 148 of 154 (849 Views)

OP here.  Sigh.  Yes, I too have the touchpad issue.  The keyboard issue was worse for me since I type so much, but the touchpad is unusable at times.  

Fanfold Paper
Message 149 of 154 (835 Views)

[ Edited ]

It must be an issue with compatibility with the windows 10 update, because the issue didn't show up at first. It just recently started... 

I ended up uninstalling the Elan driver, and going with the stock windows driver. It's missing the features, but I'm hoping it'll at least work consistently. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 150 of 154 (787 Views)

From what I could tell the touchpad sensitivity issue seems related to manufacturing tolerances.  If you run your fingernail around the gap between the touchpad and the case, it seems to get the touchpad working again.

It's almost like it's dropping sensitivity as the case is constantly pressing on it?

Top Kudoed Authors