Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

11-02-2016

Chile

32 Signins

171 Page Views

• Views: 171
  • Message 191 of 302

Re: Miix 700 - issues after updating folio keyboard firmware

2017-05-07, 1:56 AM

You're right, I didn't notice it redirected to the current version of the firmware. ugh.

Options

57 Posts

12-07-2016

Canada

119 Signins

487 Page Views

• Views: 487
  • Message 192 of 302

2017-05-07, 6:52 AM

I did download the file but just as I did before, when I run the file, the update button doesn't light up to allow to press assuming it won't "update" to a lower version of the firmware?  I am running HID for the mouse right now..so I don't see the elan driver listed in device manager but it does show under the mouse section but it's not enabled.  For the keyboard there's only HID and Ps2 listed....so not sure how I can remove the driver to allow me to flash this older version? The prevoius version worked completely fine for me so I've been wanting to revert to that!!!   

Options

2 Posts

05-06-2017

Italy

4 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 193 of 302

2017-05-07, 7:55 AM

I didn't give you the link of the external website because I don't know if I can post it here on lenovo forums, so I feared that a moderator would remove my message before you could read it; btw this is the link, search "chelsea_folio_fw_v0009" in that page.

To rchewmd, I used the touchscreen to install the old firmware. I removed the newer driver by windows device manager, both for the mouse and the keyboard; if you don't know which one to remove you can right click on everyone (inside device manager), select "properties" and then "events" (or something like that, I'm on a different language) to see which one has the most recent events (it was easy for me because I installed the new driver yesterday).

One more thing, be sure that your miix 700 is connected to the internet, otherwise the update button won't light up.

Btw you can always go back to the newest driver by installing the latest folio's firmware LINK and the latest elan drivers LINK if you are not satisfied.

To moustacheful, the problems with the old firmware in my experience are related to the touchpad being too sensitive, but that is surely way better than the crazy touchpad of the latest firmware.

Options

49 Posts

12-21-2016

Belgium

207 Signins

1452 Page Views

• Views: 1452
  • Message 194 of 302

2017-05-07, 11:02 AM

I downloaded the chelsea_folio_fw_v0009 and was able to execute it. As a matter of fact it let's me execute again if I want, and it always says update complete at the end. Two things:

1) Trackpad keeps freezing

2) I doubt it really installs over the latest firmware that we all have, regardless what it says at the end. At any rate, removing drivers prior to the installation has no effect what so ever - the firmware targets an internal Holtec mictrocontroller with integrated flash memory (I guess it is what controls the keyboard and trackpad of the miix 700), so OS drivers have nothing to do with it.

As a proof I experience the trackpad issues in Ubuntu, so don't bother removing windows keyboard and mouse drivers and what not - if you have installed the latest firmware, and don't want to look into how to reprogramm the Holtec device (reverse-engineer Lenovo's firmware update process), you are done for.

I don't have the software skills to do so, and to be frank I haven't paid a bunch of money for the privilege to do Lenovo's work for them. It's their responsibility to provide a properly working product,something they have failed to do so far.

I have an open return ticket with the local support center, but I am hesitating to send the machine back. I know they can't solve the issue, and since I bought it from an online retailer I doubt I will be offered a refund like the US people who bought it from Lenovo's website.

This is so frustrating really... An advice to potential buyers: don't purchase any of the miix 2 in 1s, keep an eye open for discounts on the Surface Pro's and get one of those instead. You may end up paying a couple of hundred more, but believe me when I say: it's totally worth it! I have been given one from work, it just rocks.

Options

57 Posts

12-07-2016

Canada

119 Signins

487 Page Views

• Views: 487
  • Message 195 of 302

2017-05-07, 15:02 PM

Very strange.  I am not able to run the execute button even while other people can.  

In terms of refund, they offered me refund and I didn't buy from Lenovo.  If it's under warranty they may give you the refund with your receipt. 

Options

49 Posts

12-21-2016

Belgium

207 Signins

1452 Page Views

• Message 196 of 302

2017-05-07, 16:04 PM

Oh interesting, I thought it was a purchase from Lenovo directly. In that case I will send mine in and ask for a refund once we go through the usual.

Options

3 Posts

08-02-2015

Bosnia & Herzegovina

8 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 197 of 302

2017-05-22, 13:07 PM

Hello,

Is there any fix for this issue? Bought mine one month ago, and I am having issues with forzen touchpad? Should I return device, and ask for refund?

Options

49 Posts

12-21-2016

Belgium

207 Signins

1452 Page Views

• Message 198 of 302

2017-05-22, 18:57 PM

An update on my side:

For starters, in my machine the Elan driver was not installed, nor could i install it as much as i tried. My problem was a randomly freezing touchpad. For some reason it was mainly the left half of it that would freeze, and lifting my finger and puting it down again would make it work. Random, sometimes would work well for hours, sometimes it would happen immediately.

I sent the machine to Lenovo for repair, and just got it back today. Apparetnly they updated the BIOS (never checked that to be honest), and they somehow managed to install the Elan driver. Maybe the old BIOS i was running was preventing me from installing it. Anyway, now i have the Elan options and everything, like the rest of you i guess.

Results:

1) I now have considerable lag. With the generic windows drivers the pointer was snappy and would move in real time (when the trackpad would not freeze). There is now a constant delay as opposed to before, very irritating.

2) The trackpad will not freeze anymore, instead the pointer will slow down randomly, and them pick up pace again. It happens almost constantly, and together with the delay i mentioned earlier makes the experience really bad. No, it's actually terrible to the point of being unusable as a pointer control device.

I wonder how long they used the thing after the changes, as for me it misbehaved in minutes after i booted it up. I wouldn't dare to send the device in such a state back to the customer.

Anyway, i didn't really expect a fix as there doesn't seem to be one - otherwise this thread would not keep getting longer. I will play with it a bit more, and then open another ticket. This time i will ask for a refund as soon as they get back to me.

A disappointing experience so far.

Options

128 Posts

04-10-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1132
  • Message 199 of 302

2017-05-22, 19:10 PM

Ain't that the truth!

A disappointing experience so far

Options

6 Posts

01-29-2017

New Zealand

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 200 of 302

2017-05-23, 6:34 AM

wrote:

Apparetnly they updated the BIOS (never checked that to be honest), and they somehow managed to install the Elan driver. Maybe the old BIOS i was running was preventing me from installing it.

Results:

1) I now have considerable lag. With the generic windows drivers the pointer was snappy and would move in real time (when the trackpad would not freeze). There is now a constant delay as opposed to before, very irritating.

I think there was a folio firmware update that then allowed the Elan touch driver to be installed. They probably did that too.

To make the touchpad faster you can adjust the motion speed under mouse properties > pointer options > motion. Of course, this will affect your mouse too if you are using one. 

Interestingly for me, last week I did a Reset this PC > Remove everything, in order to fix an issue when I loaded the Creators Update (not letting me log into the windows store).  Since then, the touchpad has been fine. I still had the creators update and all the Lenovo installed apps were still there. I just set up like a new user with my MS account and reinstalled my other apps like office365.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms