Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-16-2017

Mexico

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 291 of 302

Re: Miix 700 - issues after updating folio keyboard firmware

2018-03-04, 20:10 PM

More than a year has passed since the release of the folio case firmware and no solution from Lenovo. It's annoying!

When I have the problem of not responding trackpad, I lie my hand on it and apply gently some pression.Then, It works for a couple of minutes before it becomes unresponsive again.

When I saw this device I fell in love with it. It's a shame my feeling didn't last for long and turned into a nightmare. At least they should give us the chance to downgrade the firmware. 

No more Lenovo for me anymore.

Options

30 Posts

11-08-2016

Canada

87 Signins

690 Page Views

• Views: 690
  • Message 292 of 302

2018-03-04, 21:01 PM

Same trick here. Also, lift the keyboard and let it drop on your work surface. Bang ! That gets the gyroscope a kick and it realises that the keyboard is horizontal. Sometimes, I also take the whole bottom of the keyboard and apply a pressure on the back near the touchpad, to make it curve just a little. Since I've started doing these 2 things, I've noticed that the issue is less and less present and enjoy using the touchpad. I also installed the Chrome extension Touchpadswipe which adds back / forward gestures.

If only they could get the legacy function keys working correctly, I'd be really happy with it...

Pierre

Options

128 Posts

04-10-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 1132
  • Message 293 of 302

2018-03-04, 22:59 PM

Annoying is a bit of an understatement! It's disgusting

Options

5 Posts

06-23-2015

Australia

3 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 294 of 302

2018-04-30, 0:40 AM

I just bought this device, and being so naive I updated the folio firmware, thinking that updates should fix problems, right? oh, was I wrong..

Which is how I arrived at this thread, and successfully downgraded my touchpad back to V0009, THANK YOU! I can use the blasted device again now, after hours of frustration.

let's see how long this device lasts for me, before going into this forum I didn't know there were so many known issues with it, like black screen, or blue screen, or this keyboard thing.. so where can I buy 720 keyboard? I can see that it's not available on Aliexpress any more :(

..this makes me wonder, by the way, could we flash firmware from 720 keyboard onto the 700 keyboard folio? :D I haven't got a spare, scared to try it

Options

128 Posts

04-10-2016

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 295 of 302

2018-04-30, 7:02 AM

Welcome to our world! :-(

Options

4 Posts

01-07-2017

Australia

6 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 296 of 302

2018-04-30, 7:11 AM

I sold off mine more than a year ago at a considerable loss, but my life is now better with the fully-functional Acer I'm typing this message on. This is a good example of how to do poor customer service, and the results. I'm staying well away from Lenovo in future, and delight in using this case as a negative example for my students, which have numbered more than 1000 so far...

Options

128 Posts

04-10-2016

187 Signins

1132 Page Views

• Message 297 of 302

2018-04-30, 7:22 AM

Unbelieveably poor indeed. And so arrogant. I hope they lose a ton of business.

Options

5 Posts

06-23-2015

Australia

3 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 298 of 302

2018-05-31, 2:23 AM

To give you an update, I have now been using this machine for a few weeks.

I have the original folio keyboard, downgraded to V9 using the instructions on this thread.

Trackpad was working fine, but keystrokes were missed on and off, which was quite annoying.

I upgraded to V1, without flashing touchpad part of the firmware. Now the keystrokes are not missed, and the trackpad is manageable. Once in a while it starts to stutter, so I use the 2-finger method described in one of the messages, and it comes back to normal in a second or two, and it happens not very often.

All things considered, including the fact that I got it for around $340, I am happy with it. Unfortunately I can't get my hands on miix 720 folio keyboard, that aliexpress listing is gone. And the local supplier wants $200 for it, what a joke :)

Options

24 Posts

11-26-2016

Hong Kong S.A.R of China

35 Signins

242 Page Views

• Views: 242
  • Message 299 of 302

2018-06-01, 1:39 AM

May I know how you can upgraded to V1 without flashing touchpad part of the firmware?

Options

5 Posts

06-23-2015

Australia

3 Signins

56 Page Views

• Message 300 of 302

2018-06-01, 1:55 AM

hi,

When you run V1 upgrade tool as is, it first runs the folio firmware, then it runs the touchpad firmware. 

For the touchpad part (at least for me) it pops up the UAC request - the standard Windows dialog asking "would you like this program bla bla make changes to your system bla bla", if you haven't disabled them that is. So in this case I just answer NO and it doesn't do the 2nd part which is touchpad firmware.

As a result keyboard is updated but touchpad is not. At least I think this is the case :D but definitely it's much more reliable now than after installing V1 in full when I encountered this issue at first.

So the full story is this: 

1. I installed V1 and encountered the severe and frequent touchpad freezing issue, which brought me to this forum thread

2. Rolled back to V9 using instructions provided in the thread, touchpad worked just fine (too sensitive, but not freezing), but keystrokes still were missed on and off, driving me mad

3. I ran the V1 installer again, saying NO to the UAC request for the second stage of the installer, and now I haven't noticed any keystrokes missed, and touchpad still needed the Elan driver, but it's much more reliable now. Yes it would stutter once in a while, but it far less often than in point 1 above, and it goes away after a second or two, and I during that second or two I just operate it with two fingers (lightly put left hand finger on the bottom left corner of the touchpad, and operate it with right hand finger as usual, it is precise and responsive this way), then after 1 or 2 seconds I release left finger, and it works again as normal.

Hope this helps! This certainly made it very much usable for me, and I love the device. It is light, snappy, has LTE modem, and a very good screen, with rich and accurate 16M collors reproduction (72% of NTSC), so photos really shine on this screen. 

Make sure by the way that you get the calibrated ICC profile from NotebookCheck review page.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)