Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 61 of 118 (823 Views)

Re: Miix 700 - issues after updating folio keyboard firmware

Here too!. Don't have facebook, but definitely. Seems like a lot of noise will have to do.
Fanfold Paper
Message 62 of 118 (790 Views)

Yes I think we need to do more than just complaining on the forum.  Frankly I'm not sure if the forum is actually read by anyone from Lenovo.  We shld all write to any review sites as well especially those reviewed the miix 700.   Also shld all contact Lenovo support and raise this issue.  

Paper Tape
Message 63 of 118 (730 Views)

New bug/issue with the folio keyboard. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else but when I close the folio on the tablet and open it up to use it, the keyboard/touchpad stops responding.

The only way to get it to respond is to detatch it and re-attach it, this seems to reset the folio and it works again. Is it just me or is anyone else having a similar issue?

Fanfold Paper
Message 64 of 118 (722 Views)

That has happened to me a few times. Don't know under what circumstances, but it's happened so rarely and far between that frankly, doesn't bother me that much.

Still no answer from Lenovo, nor here or on Twitter, sadly. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 65 of 118 (662 Views)

Just got the company back from repair.   Of course the problem was not fixed.  It seems they replaced the motherboard n states defect as no power-replace part.  Interestingly now when I use the Lenovo companion it says the serial number n warranty info is unavailable. 

Will bug them again tomorrow. 

Fanfold Paper
Message 66 of 118 (624 Views)

Spoke with tech again about the repair.  Of course the only thing they can suggest is send it back to have them repair again.  I complain if that means we will just keep going back and forth since they are not fixing the problem.  I was told apparently if the problem still does not resolve, it will be more to the customer relations and can figure out what's the best thing to do then.. i.e. refunding the computer etc...I told them the issue is the firmware..but he says only way to address that is if after they to repair and still don't work, then move to the customer relations....

Punch Card
Message 67 of 118 (616 Views)

Thanks for updating us on this.

Again, shame on Lenovo for letting this get so out of hand without a single acknowledgment of the problem. Ive been buying lenovos since the t400s.....never again.
SCSI Port
Message 68 of 118 (602 Views)

Don't hold your breath. I have had a ticket open since 20 October (on a different issue). I have now been told on at least six occasions that "someone will get back to you". I am still waiting. The bigger joke is I have the unit back - but they don't seem to know.... it's completely beyond a joke

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Miix-Power-Issues-possible-product-issue-anyone-e...

Highlighted
Fanfold Paper
Message 69 of 118 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm going to call/talk to them too - I've got a video showing it provably failing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r7uUV_ggPs

If need be, if we all jump on things like amazon and write very negative reviews (which I'll be doing shortly if they don't recognize the issue), they're going to have to sit up and take note at some point.

I'll report back as to how I go.

UPDATE: Managed to capture another good video proving it's some sort of strange driver issue, as the Elan diagnostic tool can see the inputs, they just don't actually correct affect the mouse cursor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6h02Xpc5L8

Paper Tape
Message 70 of 118 (464 Views)

May I know if anyone of you successfully get a refund? I'm tired of complaining and would like to swap to a new computer. And my company's IT department already blacklisted Lenovo coz of this case...

Top Kudoed Authors