Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Erevos
Punch Card
Views: 1,079
Message 281 of 298

Re: Miix 700 - issues after updating folio keyboard firmware

Flautist, try cleaning both the pogo pins on the keyboard, and the respective contacts on the device's body with a cloth dipped in alcohol. sometimes I get a flimsy connection and cleaning the contacts takes care of it.

droopanu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,078
Message 282 of 298

Has anyone tried to enable precision touchpad drivers?

https://mspoweruser.com/enable-precision-touchpad-drivers-non-precision-pc/

droopanu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,069
Message 283 of 298

Nevermind. Tried it myself and it's not working... :-(

Hebphone
Paper Tape
Views: 859
Message 284 of 298

Same here. I bought the Miix 700 as a "Surface Killer". Indeed, the device is well made and looks solid. BUT the folio cover (keyboard and touchpad) is a nightmare. After the most recent firmware update, the keyboard starts to work properly - finally I can write a sentence without misfunctional. However the touchpad became unusable/unreliable. So, I did the touchpad driver update (since Lenovo recommends) and guess what?! What a mess!!! I mean, people are buying the Miix 720 folio as a solution for this touchpad issue!!! C'mon Lenovo, give us a proper solution for this mess. The machine is great and expensive. We demand a proper follow up to this issue!!

Hebphone
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 285 of 298

Your solution is the best so far... Unfortunately, the keytroke (or misfunctional) is back. I cant write a single phrase without a keystroke or missing character. Shame on Lenovo!!! A beautiful device that work as a piece of...

straff
SCSI Port
Views: 850
Message 286 of 298

Oh I wish I could think that you would get some response, but the dead air here despite many issues (it's not just the keyboard but other more serious issues like power failure) and many individual cases... a big, fat, NOTHING.... and that sadly now is all I think we can expect

aretnap_x
Paper Tape
Views: 565
Message 287 of 298

More than a year has passed since the release of the folio case firmware and no solution from Lenovo. It's annoying!

When I have the problem of not responding trackpad, I lie my hand on it and apply gently some pression.Then, It works for a couple of minutes before it becomes unresponsive again.

When I saw this device I fell in love with it. It's a shame my feeling didn't last for long and turned into a nightmare. At least they should give us the chance to downgrade the firmware. 

No more Lenovo for me anymore.

PPLandry
Serial Port
Views: 554
Message 288 of 298

Same trick here. Also, lift the keyboard and let it drop on your work surface. Bang ! That gets the gyroscope a kick and it realises that the keyboard is horizontal. Sometimes, I also take the whole bottom of the keyboard and apply a pressure on the back near the touchpad, to make it curve just a little. Since I've started doing these 2 things, I've noticed that the issue is less and less present and enjoy using the touchpad. I also installed the Chrome extension Touchpadswipe which adds back / forward gestures.

If only they could get the legacy function keys working correctly, I'd be really happy with it...

Pierre

straff
SCSI Port
Views: 531
Message 289 of 298

Annoying is a bit of an understatement! It's disgusting

offenmeier
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 290 of 298

I just bought this device, and being so naive I updated the folio firmware, thinking that updates should fix problems, right? oh, was I wrong..

Which is how I arrived at this thread, and successfully downgraded my touchpad back to V0009, THANK YOU! I can use the blasted device again now, after hours of frustration.

let's see how long this device lasts for me, before going into this forum I didn't know there were so many known issues with it, like black screen, or blue screen, or this keyboard thing.. so where can I buy 720 keyboard? I can see that it's not available on Aliexpress any more Smiley Sad

..this makes me wonder, by the way, could we flash firmware from 720 keyboard onto the 700 keyboard folio? Smiley Very Happy I haven't got a spare, scared to try it

Top Kudoed Authors