cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dionissios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,297
Message 1 of 5

Miix 720 - Keyboard no longer works (photos included)

I posted this topic in a response to another poster but did not receive any feedback to the issue.

Here is the issue:

My keyboard works only in the position shown in the pictures below (when the keyboard is in the flat position). As soon as my keyboard hooks into the screen and angled the device manager turns the keyboard off.  I have the latest drivers for my product from the support website. After Windows completed automatic updates I then noticed this problem.

Steps I have taken without results:

The keyboard is recognized as a USB device so I have tried deleting the USB device and restarting windows.

I have "reset my PC" to factory defaults (twice)

I have attempted to contact LENOVO support (since March 10) but here in INDONESIA the response is non-existant. The local numbers never respond nor have I received email responses Even though I have 60 days left in my Warranty I think the only support I will receive is here in the community forums.

****UPDATE****

The touchpad no longer works when I attach the keyboard to the monitor, also the keyboard is failing to be recognized as well.  Sometimes if I get lucky the keyboard will work.  This is becoming a serious problem now.

Please see photos for more details, (photos show when the keyboard would work, now the keyboard is failing to register with the computer completely.)keyboard_works.pngKeyboard and touchpad work fine when the keyboard has not latched onto the touchpad.keyboard_failure.pngAfter latching, hooking in, the keyboard is turned off. Device manager shows a missing USB device.

Again now the keyboard is no longer registering no matter if it's flat or not.

I need assistance immediately!  Thanks!

dionissios
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,200
Message 2 of 5

Re: Miix 720 - Keyboard no longer works (photos included)

I will attempt to get the Lenovo machine serviced sometime next week as I finally secured an appointment.  I hope the issue will be resolved.  I only have 40 some days left in my warranty.  More importantly I hope i didn’t spend 1200 on a product that is flawed.  The expectations are high when you pay the premium.  I hope Lenovo addresses this flaw with the keyboard folio as I believe there may be more than just me affected by it.  Unfortunately as of now I would recommend against purchasing this machine.  I really want to love it!  I have enjoyed it’s use, as it’s a great addition to my teaching style, And i love using OneNote on it.  So let’s hope Lenovo can fix it!  If anyone else has this problem please post to get thheir attention!

sugeliang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,051
Message 3 of 5

Helo Dionisius,

I am sugeng from indonesi. and just facing same problem. but my roblem is with the TOUCH PAD. it's not working at all, just this morning. have you got any solution yet?

kiqabreu
What's DOS?
Views: 434
Message 4 of 5

Hi, my name is Cayque Abreu, I live in Brazil, and I also have this problem, just like that.

Did you solve the problem?
If resetting the system returns to normal? did you try this?

Thank you. I await feedbak.

sugeliang
Paper Tape
Views: 429
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Sorry, i have no luck with the keyboard. Nor any support from Lenovo. It's so sad that this great device has no support at all. At least an explaination and how to manage this issue from lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors