Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-18-2011
Location: GB
Message 41 of 58 (779 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

So it is apparently possible that there are 2 pens with the same model number, one with the clip and one without!

 

Very odd indeed.

 

How does the clip attach to your pen? And where did you get it from?

Blue Screen Again
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-18-2011
Location: GB
Message 42 of 58 (779 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

The pen will write fine with just the AAAA battery in. The small batteries enable the button on the top. This can then be used e.g. click to open Onenote, double click to open another app. It can also be used as a Powerpoint remote.

Fanfold Paper
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-15-2017
Location: SG
Message 43 of 58 (770 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

[ Edited ]

bobdonkey wrote:

So it is apparently possible that there are 2 pens with the same model number, one with the clip and one without!

 

Very odd indeed.

 

How does the clip attach to your pen? And where did you get it from?


I saw you mention in this thread (message 27) that "it was redesigned as it did not pass quality control because the clip was breaking too easily. So that is why the clip was removed from the final version". So mine could be prototype or first batch of production unit. 

 

As for where did I get, I have to ask my friend how or where he order as he's the one who get for me.

Fanfold Paper
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-15-2017
Location: SG
Message 44 of 58 (768 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip


bobdonkey wrote:

The pen will write fine with just the AAAA battery in. The small batteries enable the button on the top. This can then be used e.g. click to open Onenote, double click to open another app. It can also be used as a Powerpoint remote.


Thanks for explain me about the function of top button and how the bluetooth pairing affectiveness. 

Blue Screen Again
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-18-2011
Location: GB
Message 45 of 58 (765 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

[ Edited ]

Someone posted which batteries they are earlier in this thread.

 

Why on earth some people don't seem to have them included I have no idea.

Fanfold Paper
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-15-2017
Location: SG
Message 46 of 58 (761 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

[ Edited ]

bobdonkey wrote:

Someone posted which batteries they are earlier in this thread.

 

Why on earth some people don't seem to have them included I have no idea.


Yes, I saw that too. I have to find SR527SW battery for that. Thanks for the info Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Paper Tape
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎03-30-2017
Location: FI
Message 47 of 58 (752 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

On the battery thing;

 

SR527 batteries can be called a bewildering range of things. Any of these, it seems, are the same thing:

 

Also Known As:
280-60, 319, 615, D 319, D319, GP319, R 319, RW 328, SB-AE/DE, S526E, S526S, SR 527 SW, SR 65, SR/TR527SW, SR527, SR527SW, SR64, V319

 

 

 

Administrator
Posts: 64,895
Registered: ‎09-03-2014
Location: SK
Message 48 of 58 (750 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

[ Edited ]

bobdonkey wrote:

What is going on?! That one is the same model number as ours, but has a clip. Where did you get that from?

 

My one here has no clip Smiley Sad

https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attachments/lnv/lt03_en/9233/1/IMG_2309.JPG

 


Please look at the photos carefully; you will see that numbers etc. have been crossed through denoting that the item is not a production item, a prototype, and the specification of the item has been revised afterwards.

edit for clarity

Andy


English Community Leader


Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points


Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos


T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.


Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.


Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Fanfold Paper
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎06-15-2017
Location: SG
Message 49 of 58 (721 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip


Andy_Lenovo wrote:

bobdonkey wrote:

What is going on?! That one is the same model number as ours, but has a clip. Where did you get that from?

 

My one here has no clip Smiley Sad

https://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/attachments/lnv/lt03_en/9233/1/IMG_2309.JPG

 


Please look at the photos carefully; you will see that numbers etc. have been crossed through denoting that the item is not a production item, a prototype, and the specification of the item has been revised afterwards.

edit for clarity


Hi Andy,

 

I would like to know what are the different beween prototype and actual production unit apart from the clip.

 

Thanks in advance.

Fanfold Paper
Posts: 20
Registered: ‎12-07-2016
Location: DE
Message 50 of 58 (661 Views)

Re: Miix 720 pen tip & clip

[ Edited ]

Ok, got my Active Pen 2 to be used with the Miix 700. Pen has no Clip but at least came with all the batteries in the box. 

 

Now, in Windows (1703) 'Pen & Ink Settings' it seems to support only single and double click but not long-press. Is this correct? 

Too bad the 'Cortana' option is only available for the long-press action!

Still no proper Surface pen replacement, sad :-(

 

But the pen itself feels better than the old one and the tip is nicer on the display glass! Worth the extra money? Not sure ... 

Top kudoed Authors