Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

08-27-2016

United States of America

30 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 1 of 6

Miix300 needs factory reset

2019-04-05, 21:46 PM

I have this poor machine so messed up! It was fine until I ran drivereasy.  The first thing it did was make it portrait instead of vertical when attached to the keyboard.  I managed to get it flipped around to landscape, but didn't know what the difference between landscape and landscape flipped was.  Either way.....the touch screen doesn't work anymore.

THEN....it seems that it screwed up the audio stuff too because now it says I have no output device. Went to device manager to see what was in the Sounds, video and game controllers section and maybe I could update something.  Guess what....there is NO section for Sounds, video and game controllers!!!  I can't install the legacy way because I have no idea what kind of sound device I have in here to start with and don't know how to find out!  

Did a full reinstall...even told it to erase all my data thinking it would set it back to the way I got it when I got it out of the box.  NOPE! That didn't happen.  Still left with no touch screen and no sound!  

DO NOT USE DRIVER EASY!  At least that is where my tablet went south......letting it "update" my drivers and I have no way to go back and undo it.

I don't know what else to do other than ask if there's a way to get it back to the way it was when it was in the box.  Original drivers and all that and it would start with a clean slate and erase all the wrong things I might have done to this poor thing.

I would REALLY appreicate someone helping this old lady.  I am trying.......but not too successfully.

Options

823 Posts

01-09-2012

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2387 Signins

11398 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 11398
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Miix300 needs factory reset

2019-04-06, 10:52 AM
https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/solutions/ht500564

hopefully this guide will help you get back on your feet
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
Options

10 Posts

08-27-2016

United States of America

30 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-04-06, 11:31 AM
Thanks Dave for the help. I tried doing it both ways...keeping my info and having it erase everything. Neither way worked and as a matter of fact, when I told it to erase everything.....it kept my desktop screen for some reason.
Options

823 Posts

01-09-2012

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2387 Signins

11398 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 11398
  • Message 4 of 6

2019-04-08, 13:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOiXYBChX_o

if the system is not going back to factory you will have to download windows 10 32bit from microsoft and install this on a usb drive then follow the video, i have not tested this as dont have the device and i can not say with 100% that the lenovo recovery software will work after you install windows, but this should get windows up and running
Thx dave

yoga 2, lenovo b540
3 custom gaming pc systems
Options

10 Posts

08-27-2016

United States of America

30 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-04-09, 22:10 PM

I d/l the media tool onto a USB.  Changed the boot to boot from the USB and it totally reinstalled windows, It asked me where I wanted it installed (partion-wise) and I told it the Windows partion. It said if I install there and there's anything in there....it would be erased.  I said that was ok.  It finished and for some reason......I still have my background picture on the desktop, still no sound, and still no touch screen.  I am at a total loss.

Options

10 Posts

08-27-2016

United States of America

30 Signins

294 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2019-05-16, 15:47 PM

Been fighting with this for a month now and still can't seem to get it. Used Driver Easy and it messed up a lot of things like touchscreen, orientation, and sound. Tried all the recovery options suggested to me. Even did the Windows media tool on a USB and when it asked where to install it to, I told it partition C. Not sure if that was right since there are 3 listed. Told it erase EVERYTHING and reset it back to factory.....well, when it finally booted up.....It still gave me personalized desktop picture and some of my shortcuts, so that tells me it didn't erase everything like I told it to.  I next tried Lenovo Vantage and from what I can tell, everything is just "peachy" according to that!  I have no sound and it tells me there is no output device but yet the hardware scan doesn't show it missing? The screen will not rotate and the touchscreen still doesn't work. I am getting ready for surgery and really wanted this fixed so I can use it while I'm bored during recovery.  Why would it not erase everything when you tell it to? Did I install into the wrong partition? Why doesn't it see I'm missing an output device?  Please help.  Thanks in advance.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms