Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 48 of 254 (27,084 Views)

Re: Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

[ Edited ]

EDIT NOTE: This post was moved to the top of the thread in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post and comments please continue posting in this thread.

I am having an identical problem with the Miix 2 10 I just received. The Touchscreen will stop responding but a driver reset will get it back 100% of the time. Unfortunately I can easily get it to stop responding again by wailing on the OS keyboard or playing a game. This seems like a software issue (likely firmware or BIOS) but I am returning the unit and getting a new one to try and rule out hardware issues. Also, I am happy to make such a catastrophic quality control issue as costly as possible for Lenovo. Hopefully there will be drivers or firmaware posted soon to update this but in the mean time I hope they like shipping brand new hardware, free of charge, ad infinitum.

EDIT NOTE: This post was moved to the top of the thread in order to assist us with an escalation. For all future post and comments please continue posting in this thread.

Fanfold Paper
Message 1 of 254 (27,345 Views)

Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

Hi,

I've been using my Miix 2 for about 2 months and since last week the touch screen started presenting some failures. Initially it started happening when I turned on the tablet and I simply could not unlock since the touch screen didn't work. The only options were to connect a mouse or to force shut down with the power button. After that the screen started to work again.

Nowadays even turning off and turning on it does not work. I need to leave for a couple of hours before trying again and getting it to work. Sometimes Im using it and suddenly the screen does not respond anymore.

I have tried to go back to factory settings and recover from backup, after a few minutes same problem. Also after reset I tried to setup as a new machine. Worked for a few hours and stopped again. I'm starting to guess it's a hw issue and since I live out of US I'm stucked with a useless tablet until I have an opportunity to go back there and send for repair.

Anyone with the same issue? If I need to send for repair what should I do?

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 254 (27,314 Views)

Betreff: Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

Hey!

Got the same Issue with the new Miix 2 10.1" tablet. Sometimes the touchscreen does not respond, I tried to deactivate the touchscreen in the device manager and activated it again, that worked for me, but it's only a temporary solution. It often happens while typing with the touch-keyboard or when playing "World of Goo" (via Steam)

I really like the Device, but that problem sucks. I'll try to reset the device and hope that it solves the problem... there must be something wrong with the firmware or the drivers Smiley Sad

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 254 (27,306 Views)

Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

Hi,

It really sucks and I already tried to reset it baack to factory settings, including a hard reset. No luck. Using a mouse I could check the Device Manager; there are many HID devices listed, including the touch screen, no error sign but it simply does not work. When I remove some of the devices and scan for hardware changes sometimes it starts working again. Weird enough, sometimes now when it stops it starts working again as soon as I connect the USB mouse.

I'd assume it's a driver problem since it starts working again after a few driver removals and hardware scan however after factory reset it shows the problem even before installing anything at all, and it worked fine for almost 2 months. I'll try to prevent windows to update itself to check if there's any update creating the issue.

Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 254 (27,305 Views)

BTW, if it doesn't work this will be my last Lenovo device. I still can't figure how how to send for repair if needed...
Fanfold Paper
Message 5 of 254 (27,294 Views)

Okay, the refresh of the windows installation didn't worked for me neither... Is there any way to contact the support without calling them? Like email?

Fanfold Paper
Message 6 of 254 (27,272 Views)

I'm trying to find the same answer... even small companies have support through mail but I could not find anything like that from Lenovo. And calling from Brazil with my level of english is not that easy...

Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 254 (27,268 Views)

Hm... at the moment everything is working fine... 

And I think Lenovo got local hotlines with other languages than english Smiley Wink

Fanfold Paper
Message 8 of 254 (27,259 Views)

The failure occured again. I'll call the support tomorrow, it's really annoying, luckily the 10.1" is delivered with a keyboard with touchpad.

Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 254 (27,244 Views)

I tried to hard reset and even before configuring the machine (at the setup screen where it asks for language) I experimented turn it off, connect to the charger and one turned on again touchscreen was not working. So I don't think it's an update or sw conflict. Please ask them if there's any email support or return address I can use. Calling US is the last option for me.
Top kudoed Authors