Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Message 211 of 254 (5,640 Views)

Re: Miix 2 8 Touchscreen Repair

@ginolan. It is not so easy but also not so hard, just don't put credt card too deep inside, just go around and you will manage top open it. Don't start at the bottom of the cover, - that piece should open the last. Start from the memory card slot then go up and around. Maybe you need two credit cards :-)

It is not video but it might help: https://plus.google.com/103430626393207742280/posts/7AfdMnX5nGE

What's DOS?
Message 212 of 254 (5,595 Views)

Re: Miix 2 8 Touchscreen Repair

Folks - I have been dealing with this touchscreen issue for the past 3 months or more. Done a few factory resets, etc. Since I was ready to sell it for parts, I just did the trick mentioned here about unplugging the cables inside. Instead of a credit card, I used the flat head screwdriver from my swiss army knife. It's a little more delicate than a straight up flat head from the garage. Back popped off cleanly with no issues at all. Was surprisingly easy. Once inside, I noticed two cables were in a position that could be interfering with the TS and MB inputs, just like the poster said. I put another piece of tape on those to move them, Could be the original tape dried up on the adhesive, which allows the wires to move over to the TS and MB inputs. Which also fits with some posters thinking heat was involved. I then unplugged and plugged in the TS input. Et voila. Touch is working like a charm. Now, I dont think it's right that this has to be done and Lenovo has to address this, but its wicked easy to do, don't be afraid to try it. Literally took me 3 minutes. I don't know if it will last, but we shall see. Any way since this is so infuriating, I wanted to post and let people know that it worked, just like the man said. Happy fixing, all.
Paper Tape
Message 213 of 254 (5,577 Views)

Re: Miix 2 Touchscreen failure

just do it, and issue is gone, love my device now but never love lenovo
Fanfold Paper
Message 214 of 254 (5,566 Views)

Hi,

I've opened this thread and I'm one of the first to face this issue (since november last year). Since then I've been fighting for a solution trying everything that has been posted in this. Already reinstalled everything, punched the screen, screamed, updated the BIOS, nothing worked. Actually I abandoned this forum some time ago due to the lack of response from Lenovo (never more). Recently I noticed a trend of people saying fixing some cables internally would work and I quickly tried myself (not carefully since I was very upset with the device). Now it has some scratches in the back but for the first time in a long time it has been working for a full day. I did not do the job properly fixing with a tape internally however if this keeps working for longer I'll open again and do it right.

I understand Lenovo did not want to admit the poor construction quality however they could have at least pointed us in the right direction. Lenovo Brazil does not provide support for this tablet so the only solution for me was to fix it myself. Thanks for the ones brave enough to open and try it, it seems to be a good solution.

Thanks,

Gustavo

What's DOS?
Message 215 of 254 (5,539 Views)

Re: WAY TO FIX

It.. it worked.. this morning, before I went out I decided to try to fix it (bent the screen, i dont know how the glass didnt crack... ) I recommend start snapping the screen off by the small "attaching pivot" next to the memory card slot.
Fanfold Paper
Message 216 of 254 (5,516 Views)

@pocholo,
nice for you. It also helped me, but I didn't want yo do it every time again. So, I opened it and made sure cables were ok and put some tape inside. Until now it works like a charm and I use it in regular basis last 5 days.
Paper Tape
Message 217 of 254 (5,486 Views)

One week no issue, thank myself and **** lenovo Heart

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Message 218 of 254 (5,510 Views)

As discussed in this thread, there may be situations where the cause of some Miix 2 touchscreens not working correctly is due to loose cables. Lenovo has issued a service procedure to resolve this issue and we recommend customers contact service for warranty support.

While Lenovo cannot offically recommend a do-it-yourself fix, the suggestions posted to the forum to correct the touchscreen and motherboard cables may be helpful to some customers who wish to self repair outside of warranty.

This video shows the steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HEY1bKfnoI

Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Technical Resolution Lead, Pervasive Issues
Lenovo US
Punch Card
Message 219 of 254 (5,465 Views)

Thank you. This was a very useful video. I was scared to use too much force to pry the back off. The trick is to start at the top and work your way around each side. On no account start at the bottom, as the video clearly shows. I've tried the fix, let's see what happens….

Blue Screen Again
Message 220 of 254 (5,423 Views)

24 hours and no errors after the fix.  Smiley Very Happy

I almost put my Miix in the trash some weeks ago !

Lenovo Miix 2 8"
Top Kudoed Authors