Germany

40 Signins

255 Page Views

• Views: 255
  • Message 1 of 2

Windows 10 clean install - Delete Recovery Partition

2015-08-04, 10:14 AM

Hi,

I upgraded my Yoga 2 to Windows 10 last week. Unfortunaltely, I am experiencing some issues. Sometimes I cannot see any differences between the buttons of the Quck Settings (former Charm Bar). All buttons have the same color whether they are activated or not. The Start Bar does not work probably either. Most of the time I cannot delete or add icons. I delte them but they do not disappear. I have to restart Windows to do this.

I though about doint a clean new install using an USB drive and an external Keyboard with Touchpad via an USB hub. I already created the USB drive and it is recognized from the BIOS. As my battery was not fully charged I waited with the actual installation.

My question is if I could delete the recovery partition while doing the clean install to have more space on the SSD? There was a partition manager in Windows 7 but I am not sure whether or not there is any in Windows 10?

Should I copy the current recovery partition first? This should be the original Windows 8.1 Recovery or did Windows 10 overwrite it with the upgrade?

Thanks for your help!

Update:

I did the clean installation now and everything worked fine. There are still two issues remaining though. After a while the probem with the start bar occured again. I think this might be related to Kaspersky Internet Security. 

I also have some problems with the scrolling as it scrolls much too fast even though I set up only two lines. Anybody else experiencing this?

Options

55 Posts

08-14-2014

Poland

138 Signins

1044 Page Views

• Views: 1044
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Windows 10 clean install - Delete Recovery Partition

2015-08-11, 14:09 PM
Create copy of recovery partition in Control Panel (classic) -> in classic view touch Recovery and create recovery media and tick the box to copy all files. When you want back to Windows 8.1 just plug the USB drive -> boot. Select language and keyboard and select option you want.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete