11-25-2013

US

148 Signins

1258 Page Views

• Views: 1258
  • Message 41 of 43

Re: Windows 10 upgrade yet on the K3011W

2016-04-12, 6:18 AM

I will add one myself: the Realtek I2S Audio driver has an update in Windows Update. It's dated Aug 4, 2015, but it came out well after that, I think. The version is 604.10154.1010.4947.

It does not work.

It installs just fine, and all looks well in Device Manager, but you will have no sound, which is a problem.

What you have to do is right-click it in Device Manager and on its Driver tab choose "Roll back driver" -- if you have one to roll back to. I didn't, perhaps because of the major Windows update back in November that more or less does a refresh install of the whole OS (I don't use this device much for audio, explaining why it took me months to notice this).

So if you can't roll it back, right-click it in Device Manager and Uninstall it, choosing the "delete driver" box in the process. Then via a menu item in Device Manager, scan for new hardware and you'll find that an older, working audio driver is automatically installed.

Of course, you'll then have to block the newer Realtek from installing again.

So just like up the thread when I was nailed by a too-new Wifi driver (albeit one that I self-installed), this time I was nailed by a too-new audio driver (this time automatically installed).

I don't recall a machine with more problems with new drivers than this one. Odd.

Options

3 Posts

09-24-2015

West Bloomfield MI

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 42 of 43

2016-10-03, 2:59 AM

I upgraded my Lynx to Windows 10 from 8.1.  After installation I reinstalled the latest drivers from Lenovo.  Unfortunately with mixed results. Most things worked but Microsoft apps (money, news) would have blank spaces where hyperlinked text was located in the article.  Edge would not always display text in the tab title for the second, third, etc tabs.  Favorites would also not display, they were there if you knew where to click, but you could not see them.  After trying all of the recommended solutions I could find online as well as other non Lynx specific diplay drivers, went back to 8.1 and will ride it out until support ends or the tablet dies, unless for some reason Lenovo releases new Win 10 diplay drivers for the tablet.  Keep searching and hoping but dont have high hopes.

Options

66 Posts

11-25-2013

US

148 Signins

1258 Page Views

• Views: 1258
  • Message 43 of 43

2016-10-03, 3:32 AM

This is a good thread to follow on the issue (that's the chip we have).
http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d8786f1f-87a7-43f6-a51e-bc1cc3455fd6

Note that recently someone got a sort-of workaround going. Also note that MS claims that the problem is fixed in a recent beta (149xx), but that hasn't been proven yet in reality. At least they're working on it, and theoretically, it should be actually fixed by the spring release.

I avoid Edge--most of the other elements in the UI work. For a time, the Wifi GUI wasn't working, but I notice in the latest 14393 CU it's working again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete