Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 2 Tablet - Windows 10 - Corrupt after Windows Update June 8 2021

2021-06-09, 22:59 PM

I have been paying praise to this tablet for years but after a Windows 10 64x update yesterday it is totally corrupt.

It will turn on and log into windows in desktop mode (screen sideways) but the touch screen and windows button do not work, the tablet is completely not functional as if all drivers were not functioning.

When restarting and holding up I can get to recovery screen but it says the tablet cannot be recovered and must use a device to restart. Trying a bootable Windows 10 recovery USB it says the unit cannot be booted from a USB, and it doesn't work.

Lenovo does not provide any Recovery USB for this WIndows 10 tablet, and there is nothing online to solve this. I have spent the better part of the day trying to get this resolved with absolutely no luck. 

Any experts?

Lenovo lost a life long customer here boy I tell ya 

Answer
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

Re:Yoga 2 Tablet - Windows 10 - Corrupt after Windows Update June 8 2021

2021-06-12, 4:22 AM

Big thanks to topmahof !!

Solution:

Power off and hold volume up and power to power on into NOVO menu. Disable SecureBoot.

Restart with USB Micro OTG with USB copy of Windows 10 or 8.1 that is in UEFI boot format with GPT partition style. For Windows 8.1 you can download the .iso from Microsoft and create the bootable USB (using a program like ISO2Disc).

Select Boot Menu and you will see the USB. You can reinstall following the setup.

For the touch screen not working I had to use an old Dell USB wired keyboard with a micro USB to USB OTG adapter. Manually install the Motherboard drivers, navigating Windows with the keyboard until it installs. Tilt, proper resolution, touch and other devices all work after the motherboard driver pack install.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-851/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

This is also covered in this page sent by Dave... thanks again buddy. Too bad Lenovo "technical support" couldn't provide this advice but glad there is an unpaid community willing to help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Lenovo-Yoga-Tablet-2-Booting-problem/m-p/2091711?page=1

Replies(4)
Options

4512 Posts

12-11-2015

United States of America

4623 Signins

53162 Page Views

• Views: 53162
  • Message 2 of 5

2021-06-10, 0:47 AM

Microsoft has been releasing Windows version updates that are causing big problems for older devices.   

What exact model do you have the Bluetooth keyboard? 

Do you know what Windows Updates were recently installed.   Most Windows updates can be uninstalled via Programs and Features), and you may also be able to revert to the state prior to the Windows Update using System Restore.

Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2021-06-10, 1:11 AM

Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet 851 - Purchased late 2015 and had been flawless until Windows update last night. No bluetooth keyboard. I have tried removing updates in the windows setup boot menu (volume + after powering,) it said unable to remove and updates and immediately reboots. Same happens when trying anything on that menu like boot from a USB or network, says unable to then reboots.

Tried resetting Windows 10 and keeping files, it was exact same after reset and loading back into Windows 10 with no touch screen and screen displayed sideways.

I just ran a "reset removing my files" ... now it says:

"A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module.)  WARNING: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys...."

I assume those are the serial keys that are injected into the Recovery Media from Lenovo... so if I click YES it will likely be bricked. Great.... here I go I guess : (

When I try to download the Recovery Media (link below) says it is not available for my device and I need to contact Lenovo Customer Support.

Levono "Technical Support" said I need to purchase the USB key and have it shipped from Lenovo, but won't provide a link or price. Then they say or my other option is to bring it to a local repair shop. Second chat person said right away bring it to a local shop. That is ridiculous to access a recovery image file for a device I purchased 5 years ago and corrupted due to Windows update, not damage or anything I have done. 

I have maintained and repaired devices for over 25 years and have never been locked out of recovery media access by a manufacturer before, this is worse than Right to Repair... this is premeditated theft and fraud of customers after a device is out of 1 year warranty. 

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht103653-lenovo-digital-download-recovery-service-ddrs-download-the-files-needed-to-create-a-lenovo-usb-recovery-key

Does anyone have access to this or able to create them for the community? 

Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2021-06-10, 1:25 AM

Now it is sitting at the "Hi there" Windows setup screen to choose my region, but the touch screen does not work in order to type or interact. USB keyboard and mouse do not seem to work. Welcome screen is sideways as if the Lenovo tablet drivers are not working for tilt, no sound. Also to note even the Lenovo splash screen is sideways when loading from BIOS. 

Answer
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-06-12, 4:22 AM

Big thanks to topmahof !!

Solution:

Power off and hold volume up and power to power on into NOVO menu. Disable SecureBoot.

Restart with USB Micro OTG with USB copy of Windows 10 or 8.1 that is in UEFI boot format with GPT partition style. For Windows 8.1 you can download the .iso from Microsoft and create the bootable USB (using a program like ISO2Disc).

Select Boot Menu and you will see the USB. You can reinstall following the setup.

For the touch screen not working I had to use an old Dell USB wired keyboard with a micro USB to USB OTG adapter. Manually install the Motherboard drivers, navigating Windows with the keyboard until it installs. Tilt, proper resolution, touch and other devices all work after the motherboard driver pack install.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/tablets/yoga-series/yoga-tablet-2-851/downloads/driver-list/component?name=BIOS%2FUEFI

This is also covered in this page sent by Dave... thanks again buddy. Too bad Lenovo "technical support" couldn't provide this advice but glad there is an unpaid community willing to help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-based-Tablets/Lenovo-Yoga-Tablet-2-Booting-problem/m-p/2091711?page=1

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)