Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 2

Touch Screen Doesn't Work but it Works at Boot Menu?! Sitting on Windows 10 "Hi There.." Screen on Yoga 2 Tablet

2021-06-11, 2:11 AM

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet.. touch screen doesn't once loaded into Windows. The touch screen works perfectly at setup boot menu (Power on holding Volume+) 

Background: After a Windows update two nights ago it would boot into Windows in desktop mode, in portrait, and the touch screen would not work. Time was right, wifi connected automatically and the desktop looked like it should but in portrait.

From the Windows setup boot menu I tried removing the updates and it would fail and just reboot. Fully reset Windows as the only option that didn't fail and reboot.

Now it is a "fresh looking" install sitting at the "Hi There..." screen to select your region. The touch screen still doesn't work and USB keyboard/mice don't work so I cannot select region, press next or even try to install Lenovo drivers. The tablet is essentially bricked until I can install the Lenovo touch screen drivers to move forward in the setup.

How can I reinstall the Lenovo drivers before Windows 10 setup?!

It is a Lenovo Yoga 2 851 (F) Tablet with factory installed Windows 10 x32, 2GB ram, no bluetooth keyboard, one micro usb port and only microSD slot only ... Boot from USB is disabled by Lenovo. USB Keyboards and mice do not seem to work. No damage to the screen. The thing looks brand new and worked flawlessly until the Windows update 2 days ago. 

Tried contacting Lenovo Technical Support but they refuse to provide any help. 1 year warranty (joke) ended 4 years ago so they said I am on my own. Lenovo won't provide access to the Lenovo Recovery USB download file to give that a try. I can't even pay for it if I wanted to apparently. Lenovo is such a terrible company with fraudulent support  and sales tactics worse than Apple... didn't think that was possible until today!

Answer
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

Re:Touch Screen Doesn't Work but it Works at Boot Menu?! Sitting on Windows 10 "Hi There.." Screen on Yoga 2 Tablet

2021-06-11, 11:40 AM

Looks like here is the answer:

Use Windows 8, download the iso from MS in 32 bit and used the MS utility on another machine to make the USB key.

Attach to tablet with the OTG cable. Boot holding volume + and goto Boot Menu ... hopefully it will show it there!

FFS I hope I can fix it...

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

31 Posts

06-09-2021

Canada

3 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re:Touch Screen Doesn't Work but it Works at Boot Menu?! Sitting on Windows 10 "Hi There.." Screen on Yoga 2 Tablet

2021-06-11, 11:40 AM

Looks like here is the answer:

Use Windows 8, download the iso from MS in 32 bit and used the MS utility on another machine to make the USB key.

Attach to tablet with the OTG cable. Boot holding volume + and goto Boot Menu ... hopefully it will show it there!

FFS I hope I can fix it...

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)