Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Token Ring
Message 11 of 19 (1,556 Views)

Re: Yoga Book: doesn't immediately start-up

Hi, i had the same problems with my Yoga Book in the beginning. Go to the Device Manager (Geräte-Manager in german) and let it search online for a driver update. I did it for the following devices: Intel(R) Battery Management Device, Goodix Touch HID, Intel(R) HD Graphics, Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter, HID Advanced Sensor Collection, HID Advanced Sensor Collection V2, Semtech SX9310 - Proximity Device, Intel(R) Power Management IC Device and so on.

Second: In Windows settings "Netzbetrieb und Energie sparen" deactivate "Energie sparen, wenn mein Gerät merkt, das ich abwesend bin". Sorry, don't know the english version.

Please make a system backup before you make the above steps. Deactivate Bitlocker on drive c: makes a recovery easier.

After the above steps my Yoga Book is running much better. Not perfect but better.

Sorry for my bad english.

Yoga Book
Fanfold Paper
Message 12 of 19 (1,539 Views)

UweThelen63 wrote:

Hi, i had the same problems with my Yoga Book in the beginning. Go to the Device Manager (Geräte-Manager in german) and let it search online for a driver update. I did it for the following devices: Intel(R) Battery Management Device, Goodix Touch HID, Intel(R) HD Graphics, Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless PCIE Full Dongle Adapter, HID Advanced Sensor Collection, HID Advanced Sensor Collection V2, Semtech SX9310 - Proximity Device, Intel(R) Power Management IC Device and so on.

Second: In Windows settings "Netzbetrieb und Energie sparen" deactivate "Energie sparen, wenn mein Gerät merkt, das ich abwesend bin". Sorry, don't know the english version.

Please make a system backup before you make the above steps. Deactivate Bitlocker on drive c: makes a recovery easier.

After the above steps my Yoga Book is running much better. Not perfect but better.

Thanks, Uwe! I'll give that a go this morning!

Fanfold Paper
Message 13 of 19 (1,518 Views)

Thanks. I updated the battery, goodix, graphics, wireless as well as untick that save power when Im away, and the sleep/awake function seems much better. Many thanks!

Fanfold Paper
Message 14 of 19 (1,506 Views)

OK, not perfect, but better.

Fanfold Paper
Message 15 of 19 (1,492 Views)

UweThelen63 wrote:

Had a chance to try it this morning and it definitely helps. Book now snaps out of sleep mode and still maintains a good amount of power while in sleep. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Paper Tape
Message 16 of 19 (1,394 Views)

I also found my new Windows 10 Yoga Book slow to start from sleep.  I updated to the latest BIOS – that made no difference to the restart from sleep.  I updated the drivers in device manager as recommended above, but that did not make a difference on my machine. However, when I went to Settings, System, Power & Sleep, and turned off “Save me power when my device knows I’m away” -my Yoga Book now resumes from sleep quickly.  I hope this helps others resolve this “feature”.

Community Moderator
Message 17 of 19 (1,373 Views)

[ Edited ]

The Yoga Book (like many other new Intel-based devices) has two "sleep" modes: 1) Connected Standby (also known as InstantGo) and 2) Hibernation. That "Save me power..." option selects Hibernation when it is on.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Fanfold Paper
Message 18 of 19 (951 Views)

Your tablet is hiberating. Go to your power options, advanced options and change hiberate to never.

Paper Tape
Message 19 of 19 (489 Views)

Thanks to those who've posted advice here, it's definitely improved my Yoga Book's sleep/wake performance. Between both disabling hibernation and disabling the "keep wifi alive while sleeping" feature things are significantly more reliable. That said, it still does manage to hang from time to time when I leave it asleep while plugged in, which is still pretty annoying for any sort of laptop/tablet device. Is this kind of behavior typical for Windows 10 tablets (or at least the Yoga Book)? My first thought when the sleep/hibernate problems started was that I'd received a defective unit, but it sounds like this is happening for enough folks that I'm not sure a replacement would work any better. I've still got some time to return mine outright, and I'm leaning strongly in that direction right now. When it works it is quite a nice little machine, but sleep/hibernate functionality is broken enough to hobble it as a tablet/laptop for my requirements. Getting support from Lenovo U.S. seems a little awkward as well - I don't particularly want support over chat/phone, but I couldn't find an obvious way to get to anything else, and my attempt to file a support request has gotten nowhere. Anyone been able to get their Yoga Book to sleep/hibernate/wake reliably, or is it just broken?

Top Kudoed Authors