Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hha1
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 1 of 4

battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours

The battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours for light duty word processing and email. Screen set to 20% brightness, power save mode starts at 50%. The battery level drops at the rate of 25% per hour starting from 100%. May be coincidentally, I noticed this change after the last major system update about one week ago. It took about one hour with a very fast WiFi connection.

Any solutions to this or is this an indication of a battery failure?

hha

Admin note; post moved to start new thread, subject edited for clarity

blueskyaboveme
Paper Tape
Views: 825
Message 2 of 4

Re: battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours

had a  similar issue.  From very nearly brand new, the battery was showing fully charged at only 60% of its designed capacity and this was confirmed by at least 2 battery monitoring apps - I was getting about 4.5 hours of use max..  After an online exchange with Lenovo support, I returned the machine and the battery was replaced under warranty.  So far so good 3 months after replacement, the battery is consistently showing 99% health and is charging up to its full capacity and I get many hours of use out of each charge.  Lenovo also replaced the display at the same time though I had not raised this as an issue.

So, claim under warranty, it looks like a consistent battery fault.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 823
Message 3 of 4

Re-roll back to the previous Windows build and see if the problem remains. Hope you still have this option in your recovery.

blueskyaboveme
Paper Tape
Views: 820
Message 4 of 4

Rolling back to a previous version of windows probably won't fix this.  I did that as well as a factory re-set as prompted by Lenovo support.  The result was the same in both cases: the battery was at fault, not the system.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors