Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hha1
Paper Tape
Views: 950
Message 1 of 4

battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours

The battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours for light duty word processing and email. Screen set to 20% brightness, power save mode starts at 50%. The battery level drops at the rate of 25% per hour starting from 100%. May be coincidentally, I noticed this change after the last major system update about one week ago. It took about one hour with a very fast WiFi connection.

Any solutions to this or is this an indication of a battery failure?

hha

Admin note; post moved to start new thread, subject edited for clarity

blueskyaboveme
Paper Tape
Views: 691
Message 2 of 4

Re: battery on my 2 month old Miix 320 lasts for only 4 hours

had a  similar issue.  From very nearly brand new, the battery was showing fully charged at only 60% of its designed capacity and this was confirmed by at least 2 battery monitoring apps - I was getting about 4.5 hours of use max..  After an online exchange with Lenovo support, I returned the machine and the battery was replaced under warranty.  So far so good 3 months after replacement, the battery is consistently showing 99% health and is charging up to its full capacity and I get many hours of use out of each charge.  Lenovo also replaced the display at the same time though I had not raised this as an issue.

So, claim under warranty, it looks like a consistent battery fault.

FarisJayyousi
802.11n
Views: 689
Message 3 of 4

Re-roll back to the previous Windows build and see if the problem remains. Hope you still have this option in your recovery.

blueskyaboveme
Paper Tape
Views: 686
Message 4 of 4

Rolling back to a previous version of windows probably won't fix this.  I did that as well as a factory re-set as prompted by Lenovo support.  The result was the same in both cases: the battery was at fault, not the system.

Top Kudoed Authors