Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo TabletsWindows based Tablets
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 1 of 19

miix 510 detachable keyboard not working

2019-05-23, 21:27 PM

Lenovo model Miix 510-12IKB with Win 10 Home.

All drivers are installed and no yellow exclamation points in device manager.

Lenovo Automatic Driver Update says no drivers need updating

The Hardware Diagnostic for the keyboard says no errors found and displays this code with it:

W1FQXQA6K-KRZLAE

OS Diag says no errors found for HW and devices.

I have a new detachable keyboard and received the same result

I replaced the Pogo cable that connects to motherboard from the outside of the back cover.

I reinstalled Windows 10.

Windows updates have all been installed.

In Windows Device Manager it shows 2 devices under Keyboards: HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 Keyboard.

When I right-click on both devices in the keyboard section and choose Update driver, it says it is the latest driver.

When I detach the keyboard, the words Autorotate ON are displayed.

When I go into the bios, the keyboard does not work there either.

Can you provide any suggestions to determine if this problem is a software or hardware issue?

Options

283 Posts

08-02-2018

United States of America

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 19

Re: miix 510 detachable keyboard not working

2019-05-25, 3:48 AM

Hi axiomcs78.

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know when the keyboard was disconnected, does the HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 drivers from Device Manager were removed too?

Have you tried updating the HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 drivers? If you haven't, could try and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 3 of 19

2019-05-28, 14:29 PM

When the keyboard is disconnected, the devices HID Keyboard Device and Standard PS/2 remain in the device manager.  I have tried previously to update those drivers, but it says I already have the latest driver.

Where in the device manager would the Lenovo external keyboard show up?  And what does it say for the device description?

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

United States of America

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 4 of 19

2019-05-29, 20:09 PM

Hi there!

Have you tried gently detaching the keyboard & put it back into place to isolate any connection issues?  The HID keyboard device & Standard PS/2 field should be under Human Interface Devices under Device Manager.

If this doesn't work and the keyboard is not working in the BIOS then this is likely a sign of of a hardware problem.

I would recommend sending it in especially if the computer is still under warranty. You could also try using a wireless keyboard just to isolate.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

4 Posts

05-23-2019

United States of America

10 Signins

86 Page Views

• Message 5 of 19

2019-05-29, 20:59 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I have actually used 2 different back cover cases, each with its own cable from the outside connector to the motherboard.  I took the mobo from the original and put it in the other backcover, there was no difference in the results.  This would seem to indicate that it is not the connector nor the cable.  Also, the detachable keyboard does not work in the bios either.

I was hoping to see if someone had this tablet and could tell me where in the device manager the device would show up once it is connected.  And then what its description would say.

I have looked in every section of the device manager to see if a device appears once I connect the detachable keyboard, but I have not seen any device appear.  If the detachable keyboard does not appear in the device manager when it is connected, then it would seem that the mobo is not working with this feature.  What contradicts the above results is that when I disconnect the detachable keyboard, I see some text appear on the display that says "Autorotate On".  So clearly some portion of it is working.

Additionally, I have not found any third-party selling this motherboard and Lenovo has it in its item list, however, there is no price.

And it is no longer under warranty.

Options

2 Posts

08-13-2019

Australia

7 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 6 of 19

2019-08-13, 3:21 AM

Hi there, I have exactly the same issue with my daughters Lenonvo Miix 510. Keyboard not working. Same two HID entries in the device manager and both say the drivers are up to date, device working properly, and indicate the same whether the key board is attached or not. No indication that the system recognizes the keyboard is attached except when you remove it you get a message on the display. Really want to know if this is a hardware issue or a software issue. Suspect it is a hardware connection issue because keyboard was working fine at uni for my daughter then not working when she powered up after the journey home 3 hours later. Surely there is a simple diagnostic tool to check keyboard connection status? Does anyone know the pinout details for the keyboard pogo connector? Suspect 5 pins will have +5v, 0v, D+,D-, and no connection on alignment pin. Want to do a simple check to see that keyboard is getting power. Also trying to find a friend with same model to swap keyboards and see if problem is in keyboard, or the miix 510 tablet. Mine is out of warranty as well. Will keep you posted on how I go. If you find a fix for your issue i am sure it will be a fix for my issue and vice versa. Thanks

Options

2 Posts

11-02-2019

New Zealand

6 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 7 of 19

2019-11-02, 17:49 PM

I have the EXACT same problem. Did you figure out the fault for sure?

When disconnect detachable keyboard the HiD and Standard PS/2 keyboard both stays in device manager under keyboard.

Uninstalled and tried to update both to no avail.

Clean install Windows doesnt solve the issue either.

Keyboard doesnt work in Safe Mode or in Command Prompt.

On screen keyboard is working. USB keyboard and mouse working too.

I ran keyboard troubleshooter and it says; no issue found but "Text Services Framework is not running".

I also tried to turn off Filter keys.

I am reluctant to buy new detachable keyboard in case its not going to work either.

Options

2 Posts

08-13-2019

Australia

7 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 8 of 19

2019-11-04, 0:29 AM

Hi Brucilla,

I have not worked on it since my last post and hence have not found a solution. It is my daughters device and she is now working with an external wireless usb keyboard and I think reluctant to let me play with it. I really wanted her to find someone with the same model and just do some cross checks with the keyboard. I think it is hardware problem but not a straight connection problem. I suspect loss of 5v dc power ... either the mother board is no longer supplying it or the keyboard itself has some internal fuse that is blown. Easy to check if I could get a hold of a second working unit to do the keyboard checks plus check the voltages at the key board pins with a multimeter.  My hunch is the mother board wont be delivering any power ... possibly a fuse or blown pcb track or blown power component. All supposition until I can nail my daughter down to look at it. Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Cheers Gavin

Options

2 Posts

11-02-2019

New Zealand

6 Signins

157 Page Views

• Views: 157
  • Message 9 of 19

2019-11-05, 5:03 AM

Thanks for that Gavin6. ?

Options

12 Posts

11-23-2011

Australia

12 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 10 of 19

Re:miix 510 detachable keyboard not working

2020-11-20, 1:41 AM

hi, just  wondering if you have found a solution? same problem here...but now the thing gets stuck on the lenovo logo screen when I start it up with the keyboard attached. then when I remove it, it continues to start up normal... Does that make it easier for a pro to isolate the problem? I am amateur

..HELP

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms