Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port

Re: X220 CPU throttling problem

KYL3R, try to check in BIOS that "intel speedstep technology" and "Intel turbo boost" is enabled.
also, maybe this is a good idea try to visit near lenovo's service to check machine..  
Punch Card

[ Edited ]

KYL3R, is your battery plugged in? Also, make sure you're on max performance in power manager...

Guru

I forgot I had bought Half Life 2 on Steam many years ago, so I installed it for kicks and it runs very well, consistant frame rate with no drops.

BTW for those who may have not seen the thread about a new Intel HD driver from Lenovo, it raises the windows graphic score from 5.9 to 6.3.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Intel-graphics-drivers-performance-improvement...
---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
802.11n

[ Edited ]

KYL3R wrote:

I have updated, I used 90W adapter, I have "benders intel driver" and my battery was fully charged while testing.

- WEI  Score kept the same. 4.7 on aero graphics, 6.2 on "games". Rest of it also kept the same.

FPS in games - all the same as before.

CPU-Z still shows 765mhz or smth, and GPU does not raise over 100% while playing games.

I turned Lenovo Turbo Boost + on as well, nothing changed.

Lenovo Tool showed that I actually have BIOS 1.21.

Im quite unhappy now Smiley Sad

1. Do you have two (2) memory modules?
  2. What is the temperature of your CPU?
Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T450s [ i7-5600U | 8GB | 1TB SSD | Full HD IPS | 802.11ac | BT | Webcam | FR | Win8.1Pro64 ]
Fanfold Paper

I tested the new BIOS with HWInfo and OCCZ. The result was satisfying. The cpu and gpu clocks remained at their full speed. You guys did a good job.

Fanfold Paper

Ken wrote:

Freedom, as dtp mentioned, if you are AC only (no battery installed), then you'll still see 800MHz. This is something completely different.

Can I have a clarifcation on this issue, It is any feasible solution for using AC only ,which can let the computer to reach to a normal CPU freq?
It the soultion is using 90W PSU ?

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again

After updating to the 1.21 BIOS I have noticed some weird FPS behavior in OCCT GPU testing, basically it ranges from 12 to 18 then stays at around 12 as the test goes on. I remember with BIOS 1.19 the same test yields a maximum of 25 FPS, stayed around there, but dropped down to around 17 while the throttling took place. Any idea?

X220 i7 8GB Intel SSD
Paper Tape

"

KYL3R, try to check in BIOS that "intel speedstep technology" and "Intel turbo boost" is enabled.
also, maybe this is a good idea try to visit near lenovo's service to check machine.. 

"  -> I found Speedstep in Bios, was already enabled. But where to find Intel Turbo boost in Bios ? searched for 15 min :-D

"KYL3R, is your battery plugged in? Also, make sure you're on max performance in power manager."

-> Yes, plugged in, fully charged, 90W adapter connected. Power manager max power and turboBoost+ activated.

"JNavas:

2. What is the temperature of your CPU?"

I have 1 Memory Modul, 4GB Ram, original, I bought the device with the ram installed. I did not buy further ram modules yes.

2. I will take a look on temperature later.

Serial Port

KYL3R wrote:

"  -> I found Speedstep in Bios, was already enabled. But where to find Intel Turbo boost in Bios ? searched for 15 min :-D

sorry.. my bad

there is no turbo boost settings in bios..

802.11n

KYL3R wrote:
"JNavas:
  2. What is the temperature of your CPU?"

I have 1 Memory Modul, 4GB Ram, original, I bought the device with the ram installed. I did not buy further ram modules yes.

You can get a significant performance boost, particularly in graphics, from two memory modules, ideally matched -- see my post here.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T450s [ i7-5600U | 8GB | 1TB SSD | Full HD IPS | 802.11ac | BT | Webcam | FR | Win8.1Pro64 ]