Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-14-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 13

Brand new Legion M600 mouse stopped working

2021-01-14, 14:22 PM

Hi there,

Last night, I received the Legion M600 mouse that I purchased directly from Lenovo.  I was able to get everything setup fine via the Legion Accessory Central and things were working great.  I noticed it said there was an update for the mouse in Accessory Central so I went ahead an applied the update.  Now, the mouse no longer connects wirelessly via the dongle.  It only will connect via the wired connection or Bluetooth.   I tried every pairing tip outlined multiple times and nothing works.  I also tried reinstalling accessory central and that didn't work either.

I do notice that the app does pick up the mouse and shows it there, but there is no connection.  What am I missing here?  Any solutions to this?  It seems the update broke dongle connection.  

Options

9490 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26678 Signins

575228 Page Views

• Views: 575228
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Brand new Legion M600 mouse stopped working

2021-01-14, 16:15 PM

Hello MayerOfPhilly,

yes, this is a known effect of updating the firmware of the mouse, there is nothing to worry about. After the new FW has been applied, it is necessary to pair the dongle and the mouse again. To do so, please follow the steps from this guide:

You might be asked to pair your mouse with the dongle after the FW update has been completed. To do this, please follow the on-screen instructions. Its necessary to switch the mouse to 2,4Ghz mode (compatible with the dongle - the switch on the bottom of the mouse has 3 positions - from left to right - OFF, Bluetooth, 2,4Ghz) and place it in close proximity of the receiver (10 cm). In this position, open the lid on the bottom of the mouse (do not rotate, simply press the dent down for the lid to open up) and press the pairing button.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

1 Posts

01-15-2021

Romania

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 13

2021-01-15, 5:07 AM

Its not about the new update that you need to pair the mouse with the dongle the new update makes the pairing impossible I've seen this happening to a lot of people who updated the driver.
And I did all the pairing and restarted my computer and reinstalling everything but the new update made it so you cant connect wirelessly via dongle.

Options

9490 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26678 Signins

575228 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2021-01-19, 17:44 PM

Could you try removing the mouse completely from the device manager, including selecting the option to delete the driver? Try to restart the PC afterwards and pair the mouse again. If it still doesn't work, would it be alternatively possible to try this on a completely different machine: Me and a few other colleagues are using the M600 mouse daily and none of us has experienced such issues. If the attempt on a different machine fails too, I'm afraid that your mouse or the dongle might be defective and they would need to be replaced.

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

4 Posts

01-13-2021

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 5 of 13

2021-01-20, 8:47 AM

M600 Not Connecting After FW Update-English Community (lenovo.com)

There are an awful lot of this that seem to be having the exact same problem. I'm really not happy right now that I can't contact Lenovo support directly and request a replacement for this right now. I've had this mouse for less than a month and it was working mostly OK until today when I updated.

If you are certain that they should be just fine and instead you've got a weird outbreak of bad devices, could you please inform us how to request a replacement device? Every time I try to on the main support page it demands I enter a SN first. As far as I can tell, there is no SN printed anywhere on the mouse as everything I've tried to enter has been rejected.

Options

9490 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26678 Signins

575228 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-01-20, 13:52 PM

You need to get in touch with the shop that you bought the mouse from. Unfortunately, accessories don't get repaired, that's why the Service wouldn't be able to help you with this issue. Please kindly contact the seller of your mouse with your proof of purchase and request a replacement.

Juraj

_
_

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2021

Australia

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 7 of 13

2021-01-21, 7:08 AM

Did you even read the original post?

- These mice are being purchased directly from Lenovo - Lenovo is the seller

- A replacement won't fix the issue - the mice are being broken by Lenovo's firmware update

I myself received this mouse brand new yesterday, updated the firmware to fix an issue with macros not working. Now my new wireless mouse does not work wirelessly. Did not even get 1 day of use out of it.

Lenovo Support has not been helpful so far. Their suggestions:

- Re-pair the mouse with the wireless receiver (done many many times - pairing is broken by the FW)

- Update bluetooth drivers (no bluetooth on my computer, which is why I NEED wireless to work)

- Update chipset drivers (done, did not solve the problem)

Lenovo's firmware update has broken this mouse. There are other form threads with more users complaining of the issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Y-Gaming-Accessories-Curved-Gaming-Monitors/Legion-M600-Wireless-Mouse-Connectivity-Issue/m-p/5026045

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Y-Gaming-Accessories-Curved-Gaming-Monitors/M600-Not-Connecting-After-FW-Update/m-p/5056241

Really hope we can get a new firmware update so that the mouse actually works as advertised.

Disappointed Lenovo customer

Options

2 Posts

01-21-2021

Australia

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 8 of 13

2021-01-25, 3:29 AM

Update: After contacting the support centre via email, Lenovo have agreed that this qualifies as a device fault. I will be returning the mouse for a refund.

I hope anyone who decides to keep this mouse receives a firmware update in the future that makes the mouse function as intended.

Options

1 Posts

02-03-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2021-02-03, 21:29 PM

Ugh, I saw the firmware update so I went ahead and updated today. I really wish I hadn't because everything was working fine until I did. Now I just can't get the wireless dongle to work. The mouse works in bluetooth mode and plugged in with the USB cable but after 3+ hours of trying to trouble shoot this wireless dongle I'm about to give up. Pisses me off because while I want to use the mouse wirelessly I still want the wireless dongle functionality you lose in bluetooth mode. The bluetooth is just meh so now I've got an expensive wired mouse. I've read many customers reporting the same thing and it seems like we aren't being listened to. The firmware update should be fixed or updated and in the mean time take it down so people stop ruining their mouse. I bought the mouse from Lenovo less than a month ago and it's still under warranty but trying to get ahold of someone in customer service is a nightmare. I've been trying all day and still no luck so the whole experience has been super frustrating. Maybe I'll just buy a different mouse from another company.

Options

2 Posts

01-28-2021

Finland

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2021-02-11, 12:37 PM

I can confirm that new firmware update broke my M600's wireless with usb dongle. Before that it worked flawlessly and after update it stopped working when i started my pc next time. It works with bluetooth (i dont like bluetooth connections with mouse) but not with dongle. I have tried everything i can imagine and googled the rest but it just doesnt work like it should work so its not your pc or problem with mouse, its software problem 100%. I got this as christmas present as i wished to play wireless but instead i have used it with wire since last update.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms