Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

10-19-2019

Czech Republic

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 1 of 4

Connecting gear through USB ports on a Y27GQ-20

2020-11-26, 9:31 AM

Hi all,

Do any of you know how to use this monitor as a USB hub? I can use it to charge sub devices but not to connect them through the monitor to my laptop. I am using the USB ports on the side, do I have to connect the pc with a USB to one of the bottom ones or something?

I am running a display port cable in between the monitor and my Y740.

Thanks for any help with this issue, I am trying to keep my desk cable free!

Answer
Options

11195 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26889 Signins

589552 Page Views

• Views: 589552

Re:Connecting gear through USB ports on a Y27GQ-20

2020-11-26, 20:01 PM

Čauko Minimi7,

jop, this is possible. You need to connect the monitor to your PC through a separate cable (not for video) as shown in step 9 of the quick start guide for your monitor:

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Replies(3)
Answer
Options

11195 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26889 Signins

589552 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2020-11-26, 20:01 PM

Čauko Minimi7,

jop, this is possible. You need to connect the monitor to your PC through a separate cable (not for video) as shown in step 9 of the quick start guide for your monitor:

Best regards,

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

6 Posts

10-19-2019

Czech Republic

9 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-11-26, 20:14 PM
Moc děkuju, you just made my desk much cleaner. I seen these cables only at printers xD Appriciated!
Options

11195 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26889 Signins

589552 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2020-11-26, 20:22 PM

You're very welcome!

Me too! I remember such cables from decades ago ;) These seem to be very common with monitors now.

Juraj

_
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms