Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-07-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

G27c-10 Monitor DisplayPort not working

2021-01-07, 7:59 AM

Hello,

I just bought a new monitor (as stated in the title). I am trying to connect my laptop to my monitor via an HDMI cable with an adapter, converting it to DisplayPort. Plugging in the adapter won't do anything, but using the HDMI cable on it's own works just fine. I have been trying all day long, I have:

-Unplugged both the monitor and the computer and started over

-Made sure my NVIDIA and Intel drivers were all up to date

-Downloaded and installed the latest driver for the specific monitor

At this point I'm beginning to run out of hope and am trying to find a place to directly contact Lenovo support and either have the monitor replaced or repaired, but I was unable to find a way to contact besides leaving a public comment. If there is anybody who either knows of an easy fix I can do at home or a better way to get it professionally repaired, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Waylon Slate

Options

2768 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

295 Signins

13921 Page Views

• Views: 13921
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:G27c-10 Monitor DisplayPort not working

2021-01-07, 10:35 AM

Hi bean6,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Might be that there is some setting you have to specifically select on the monitor to be able to run it through DisplayPort. Also make sure you have the newest Chipset, Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers for your device: 
You can find and install the newest drivers from the Lenovo Support Page
Just plot in the serial number of the device and hit enter, might have to press it twice, then head to Drivers & Software, select Manual Update, then select the Chipset section
Right click the files in question and select "Run as Administrator".
**Note: Make sure the AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% battery charge when performing this update.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

2 Posts

01-07-2021

United States of America

5 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:G27c-10 Monitor DisplayPort not working

2021-01-07, 16:26 PM

Hey Volthos,

Thank you for replying. I just tried going to the Drivers and Software page, but it seemed as if there was no chipset section, only a Software and Utilities one. I was also unable to run the new files as administrator, as none of them were in .exe format. I was able to install 1 of the 3 (being the .inf file) which is the same scenario I was in with the files yesterday. Do you think you may be able to send me a link to the site with the Chipset driver or any other driver in .exe format?

Thanks,

Waylon

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms