Options

12 Posts

03-07-2018

GB

18 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 1 of 4

G34w flickering and odd behaviour - fixed!

2020-08-22, 12:29 PM

So I bought the g34w on a deal through my employer. Really happy with it but over a few days I noticed flickering, even on the desktop. I then started noticing odd issues with text being strange colours. 

Checked my graphics settings and it was stuck in ycbr422 mode and no matter what I did, I could not change it. 

I tried multiple ways to resolve it including completely wiping graphics drivers, reverting to old ones, and different cables. If I turned Freesync off, it would resolve the issue but I wanted freesync on. 

So, I thought about it, and realised its to do with the amount of bandwidth available - it seems like the screen is reverting to lower DP version than is expected when you enable freesync. I manually set the DP mode to 1.2, and then set it back to 1.4 and ever since I have had absolutely no issues and it coming up to about a month now. No flickering, no odd text issues, no stuck in ycbr422 mode. 

Tldr: set the screen to DP1.2 and then set it back to DP 1.4.

Solved! See the solution
Options

7788 Posts

08-17-2015

SK

26519 Signins

560614 Page Views

• Views: 560614
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:G34w flickering and odd behaviour - fixed!

2020-09-01, 17:49 PM

Hello rickykemp,

thank you very much that you have returned to the community to share your solution with us! I wonder what's getting stuck in the software that a simple swap from 1.4 to 1.2 and back does the trick. Whatever the reason for it is, I'm really glad you could work this out and that you can use your monitor to its full potential.

Could you possibly add one extra post in this discussion with the TLDR sentence, so we can mark it as solved? This way, it's going to gain better visibility for users searching for the same symptom.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_

Options

12 Posts

03-07-2018

GB

18 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 3 of 4

2020-10-06, 16:55 PM

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

7788 Posts

08-17-2015

SK

26519 Signins

560614 Page Views

• Views: 560614
  • Message 4 of 4

2020-10-07, 12:04 PM

@ rickykemp wrote:

Thank you very much! I have marked it now to make it visible for everyone.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete