Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 7

K300 Gaming Keyboard not working properly

2021-01-18, 6:22 AM

I have purchased a Lenovo Legion K300 RGB Gaming Keyboard - US English and have been using it for a little over a month now. It was working completely fine until this evening when all of a sudden some keys started behaving strangely. When I type the letter "k" it puts out a "pk" instead. When I hit "backspace" it actually thinks I've hit F11. There are several other keys that are behaving very strangely and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating. 

I thought it might be a driver issue, and I tried following the instructions on the Lenovo support site to trouble-shoot, but even after testing out the on-screen keyboard, uninstalling drivers, unplugging the keyboard and plugging it back in, restarting the computer, even starting it in SAFE MODE, I am still getting the issues. I'm beginning to think that the keyboard I have has a defect. 

On top of all of this Lenovo's support site is VERY frustrating to use. I only have this keyboard and a monitor from them, but I can't seem to contact support because the site does not recognize the serial number from the keyboard. I keep getting run around in circles to try and find a way to contact ANYONE or find any other help. This is my last resort because I don't know where else to look. 

PLEASE HELP. 

Options

2116 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

231 Signins

10841 Page Views

• Views: 10841
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:K300 Gaming Keyboard not working properly

2021-01-18, 12:00 PM

Hi bkbrooks,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Step 1. Disable Automatic Hardware drivers update  
- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.
- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.
- Click the "System Icon"
- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"
- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"
**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

Step 2. Uninstall Keyboard Device + Drivers.
- Press the Windows key+X , select "Device Manager"
- Under "Keyboards"  - Select the device in question, right click and select "Uninstall Device" There might be more then one device listed.
- If prompted to uninstall drivers associated with the device, tick the box and continue.
- Perform a restart of the computer to have Windows install the most generic drivers for this device.

- Check if there is any new updates on the support page for the keyboard.

Step 3. System Board Updates
I'd suggest trying to download and install the newest Chipset / Serial I.O and Management Engine Interface drivers from the Lenovo Support Page.
Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to Drivers & Software then Chipset section.
**Note: When performing these updates, please make sure your AC adapter is connected and that you have at least 30% of battery charge on your device.

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-01-19, 2:17 AM

Thanks for your quick response! 

I wasn't able to complete step 3, but I completed steps 1 & 2. For some reason the Lenovo website doesn't recognize the serial number of my keyboard, so I can't get any further on the site. How many digits is the serial number? There is a long string of characters under the QRC code (20 characters), as well as an ASM PN and a FRU PN. None of those work.

Even though I've only completed steps 1&2, the problem is mostly fixed it seems. For example, when I type 'k' I am no longer seeing 'pk' and when I hit backspace I'm no longer entering fullscreen mode (because the keyboard thinks I hit F11). However, Chrome dev tools will occasionally open up while I'm typing. It was doing that yesterday every time I'd hit the 'l' key, but now it's more sporadic... it happened twice at the end of me typing 'complete'. But didn't happen that time I typed 'complete'. Very strange! It also sometimes happens when typing 'well'. Seems to be a weird connection between the 'e' and 'l' key. I SWEAR I'm not also hitting SHIFT+CTRL at the same time, I promise!

Also, I don't think it's appropriate that I need to turn off Windows' automatic driver updates, especially since Windows says that it is "not recommended". That seems like an issue with the keyboard's drivers, not with Windows. 

Anyway, the solution is partially fixed, but if you could figure out how I could complete step 3 which would maybe solve the other issues I'm still having, that would be appreciated. 

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-01-24, 0:43 AM

Hi, after doing those Steps 1 and 2 and using my pkeyboard again now after a weepk or so, my pkeyboard is doing the thing again where the 'k' pkey is now typing pk. Also the bacpkspace pkpey is thinpking I'm hitting F11. I still can't get any support on the website because the site won't accept the serial number on my kppeyboard. I am honestly thinpking that the pkeyboard is having an issue and is maybe shorting out. Please let me pknow what I can do to fix this issue. The issue with the bacpkspace doesn't seem to happen all the time, if I hit it lightly it doesn't have the problem which is why I'm thinpking the issue is a defect with the pkeyboard. 

Thanpks in advance.

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-01-24, 19:36 PM

I just tried this pkeyboard on my macboopk as well and it's havingthe exact same issues as on my PC. I'm pretty convinced that this is an issue with the pkeyboard shorting out and not my drivers. I'm incredibly frustrated with this product and the support has been incredibly difficut to contact. I can barely even use this pkeyboard right now. HELP please. :'( I'm at a point where I don't pknow if I would ever purchase a Lenovo product ever again.

Is this forum even support? I can't enter my serial number in the support site because it pkeeps saying that it can't find the product. I've tried every number I can find on the pkeyboard and none of them worpk.

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2021-01-24, 19:46 PM

I've also attached an image of the bacpk of the pkeyboard. I can't find the serial number on the bacpk of it... I've tried all of the codes i can see. 

Options

6 Posts

01-18-2021

Canada

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

Re: K300 Gaming Keyboard not working properly

2021-02-06, 17:09 PM

Still no help. I've even talked to support on Twitter and have gotten no information about my issue, and still have no way of actually submitting an official ticket because the serial number on he keyboard is not recognized. I do not recommend buying this keyboard to anyone. It's a waste of money.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms