CH

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 1 of 8

Legion Booststation - Slow Charging

2021-01-13, 8:31 AM

Hello 

I just tried to install my new booststation with preinstalled rtx 2060. now I have the problem that in windows on my lenovo thinkpad x1 yoga of the 5th generation I get the message: "slow charging" and the battery loses %. Otherwise I have no problems in the company on all possible lenovo dockings, power via thunderbolt cable funktionirt so.

The installation I have done cleanly according to instructions and the graphics card brings the performance in benchmarks. So it is really only the power problem. But that is not sustainable for me. According to the manual, the booststation should deliver 100w to the notebook which in my case needs 45e. (Original cable and also tested with other thunderbolt 3 cable).

Thanks for the help

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Solved! See the solution
Options

899 Posts

04-23-2019

US

436 Signins

14107 Page Views

• Views: 14107
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Legion Booststation - Slow Charging

2021-01-13, 18:14 PM

Hello @DaMassi,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I've checked the official support page of the Legion Bootstation and it actually says that the power output of the EGPU is only 20v which most likely is only used to power the GPU.

Can you post where you were able to see that the Bootstation is capable of charging the machine?

You can view the support article here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500419-lenovo-legion-booststation-overview-and-sevice-parts

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2021

CH

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2021-01-13, 19:41 PM

Hello

Good guess, but it is effectively in the datasheet on the official lenovo site.

In this it says:

Laptop Power Delivery
Up to 100W via USB-C

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/nvid500110-lenovo-legion-booststation-first-time-setup&ved=2ahUKEwjQ3aun0pnuAhUjPewKHXwYBCQQFjAIegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw17i1OwJJ6NEadbVGQXheC2&cshid=1610566325422

Regards,

DaMassi

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2021

CH

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2021-01-14, 9:47 AM

funny... until now i had a very good opinion of lenovo. Since I never had big problems.

but the support is not to use! a pyramid of incompetence. I was redirected 6 times and finally more than an hour on the phone with all kinds of people. no one knew the product.  Every new supporter asks for the serial number and then says:  ouu.. I am not responsible for this product and forwards me to another not responsible. when I then said, this can't be: I was referred to the help chat.

Even there I had to describe the problem several times until I got to a technician who understood what my problem was.  Unfortunately he couldn't help me either and told me he would write me an email when he found something out... but I should make a forum entry for best support?!

Is this the modern way to minimize support costs?

Will have to return the product maby and build a own one with razer core x or something.

Regards,

Dario

Options

899 Posts

04-23-2019

US

436 Signins

14107 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2021-01-14, 13:24 PM

Hello @DaMassi,

Sorry for the late reply,

I've tried looking at the link you've provided and was not able to get anything.

Would you mind reposting?

Thanks,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2021

CH

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2021-01-14, 14:52 PM

Hi Jack

https://news.lenovo.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Lenovo-Legion-BoostStation_Datasheet.pdf

Sorry, was the google search link. For safety, I have also attached it as a pdf. 

It would not make sense to me anyway if there was no power via usb-c.

Especially I get the message "Slow Charging"  - just not enough (40w needed, according to datasheet and manual =100w).

My notebook does not have an additional power port (x1 yoga 5th gen). Perhaps the product was simply not tested for the Swiss / EU power grid.

Will have to send the product back. Since I do not get any kind of support from Lenovo.

Regards 

Dario

Options

899 Posts

04-23-2019

US

436 Signins

14107 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2021-01-15, 15:11 PM

Hello @DaMassi,

Thanks for the information.

I've checked this out with support and the Booststation was officially only compatible with the Legion Y740S.

Based on the support site this also confirms it by saying the software only supports the Legion Y740S

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500419-lenovo-legion-booststation-overview-and-sevice-parts

Hope this helps.

Jack_Lenovo1

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

01-12-2021

CH

7 Signins

50 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2021-01-17, 20:31 PM

Hello

very special.. Makes no sense to me. 

Thanks for the support. Will return the product in this case.

Best regards
Dario

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms