Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

25 Posts

12-01-2015

United States of America

37 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 1 of 56

Legion Y25-25 Gaming Monitors - secondary displays (DisplayPort connected) powering off?

2021-06-21, 12:51 PM

Hi Lenovo -

I purchased three new Legion Y25-25 gaming monitors about a week ago directly from Lenovo.com.  They're working great except for one concern - the two secondary monitors seem to time out and present "Monitor is powering off" messages, and then they do shut down (power LED = off) at the same time.  Turning them both back on, and it's OK again for several hours... then the same thing happens.  The primary monitor doesn't ever do this - it always stays on.  I have already updated the firmware on all three to LA3.4 (each mfg in Nov 2020), reset to factory defaults, and am currently basically running in "Game Mode #2 settings" (60Hz, no FreeSync/G-Sync at this time).  I think it has to do with Display Port (power) settings - but I haven't been able to locate the right setting yet.   My gaming PC is a Legion C730 cube w/nVidia RTX 2070 (connecting each monitor to one of the three Display Ports on this Gx card).  USB 3.0 (A/B) cables are also attached to each monitor back to the PC as well.  I have tried two sets of DP cables, and confirmed none of the obvious Windows 10 power settings should be causing this issue.  I have also installed Lenovo Display Control Center (LDCC Artery software) - but this seems to only control the primary monitor as well, even though it does list all three monitors in the software in the pulldown menus.  LDCC is supposed to work with a multi-monitor setup, but it doesn't seem to allow me to select either of the other two secondary monitors.  Any help would be appreciated - I have been scouring the Internet the last week, and there certainly do seem to be Display Port challenges with monitors.  It seems that Display Port power settings are the key, but there isn't an explicit menu option on the Y25-25 to adjust that.  However, in "Game 2" mode, it did indicate this setting "would affect power management" of the monitor - I was hoping that would be an equivalent DisplayPort power setting, but that didn't seem to help.

Regards,

- Kirk

Options

25 Posts

12-01-2015

United States of America

37 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 2 of 56

Re:Legion Y25-25 Gaming Monitors - secondary displays (DisplayPort connected) powering off?

2021-06-21, 13:43 PM

I can add that I am running the latest nVidia WHQL driver (466.x) and have also installed the Lenovo Y25-25 monitor drivers as well (interesting that these show v1.0.0.0 still).  Before purchasing these three new Legion monitors, I had been running a matched pair of non-Lenovo fairly basic 24" (60Hz) LCD displays - both connected with DisplayPort to the same RTX 2070 Gx card.  There wasn't an issue like this monitor blanking/powering off before, with the prior dual monitor setup.

Thanks,

- Kirk

Options

25 Posts

12-01-2015

United States of America

37 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 3 of 56

Re:Legion Y25-25 Gaming Monitors - secondary displays (DisplayPort connected) powering off?

2021-06-28, 1:59 AM

Still trying to resolve this - we have tried so many options/ideas...  It's always the same two monitors timing out and fully powering off around ~2 or 3 hours of activity.  The one monitor never does this.  Installed another newer nVidia driver (471.11), posted this week.  Tried an HDMI cable instead of DP, on one of the two suspect monitors.  Played with different Windows 10 settings (primary monitor selection).  Tried G-Sync/144Hz (on) and 60Hz (off).  Re-flashed the monitor firmware to LA3.4.  Reset monitor to Factory defaults - via OSD menu, and through Lenovo LDCC (individually, one monitor at a time, as I still can't get LDCC to control each monitor concurrently).  Pulled monitor AC power to ensure a clean reset/boot.

My last test will be to reinstall our two older (non-Lenovo) monitors back on the system, connected by DP, and see if they remain powered on - I suspect that they will...

Interestingly, I see at least one person (within the last week or so) having a similar issue, after flashing to LA3.4, here on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/mwvno8/lenovo_legion_y2525_firmware_update_to_fix/

Quote: "Installed the [LA3.4 firmware] update last month and it now has a auto sleep timer, but it seems there is no way to turn it off, is it just me?"

I have opened a new support ticket w/Lenovo technical support - hopefully they can let me know if there is a firmware fix, or some hidden option to turn off what really feels like a "sleep timer" somewhere buried within the LA3.4 firmware.  I really don't think I have a true HW problem - the three monitors almost have sequential mfg serial numbers, and other than the "timeout" behavior issue, they're working very well.  I hope that technical support can identify a firmware fix, or a process perhaps to roll back to LA3.1 - at this point I would be interested in trying that out as well.

Regards,

- Kirk

Options

25 Posts

12-01-2015

United States of America

37 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 4 of 56

2021-06-29, 18:49 PM

Basically we're characterizing & timing the behavior now (after exhausting countless configuration attempts) - it seems the two monitors are self-powering themselves off (not from Windows 10 or the nVidia Gx card) - at nearly an exact "4 hours" after being powered on.  So this mystery LA3.4 firmware timer seems to be set at 4.0 hours.  We haven't been able to prevent this behavior yet.  Popping off the monitor power and back on will reset the 4 hour timer... Lenovo technical support working on our case.

Options

4 Posts

07-02-2021

Lithuania

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 56

2021-07-02, 14:31 PM
Man when I downloaded that zip file from this site it does not has the FW folder in it just Comm and plugin... Can you send me the zip file with the FW in it ??? PLEASE!
Options

21 Posts

07-06-2021

Canada

22 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 6 of 56

2021-07-06, 23:50 PM

good to know im not the only one with this problem, I hope there will be a fix soon, this super annoying, 

Options

21 Posts

07-06-2021

Canada

22 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 7 of 56

2021-07-07, 13:50 PM

a response from Lenovo would be greatly appreciated

Options

25 Posts

12-01-2015

United States of America

37 Signins

142 Page Views

• Message 8 of 56

2021-07-08, 13:53 PM

I still have a Customer Support ticket open (warranty paperwork/photos submitted as they requested), but I have not yet been contacted by Lenovo.

Once I get any progress on this I will report back - for now, we're just powering off/on the two monitors before a gaming session, to reset the 4-hour timer...

Regards,

- Kirk

Options

21 Posts

07-06-2021

Canada

22 Signins

95 Page Views

• Message 9 of 56

2021-07-09, 4:10 AM

so how I'm conquering this issue, is by pressing the third button left of the power button, since the bottom serves no function it actually reset the 4-hour timer. 

Options

3 Posts

06-08-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 10 of 56

2021-07-09, 13:38 PM

I don't have that model monitor, but I do have to of the y25f-10s. My issue is sometimes when the monitor turns off it stops recognizing DisplayPort in. Have any of you experienced this issue? I've tried swapping cables, different computers, and trying to reinstall drivers while plugged in on HDMI. It wouldn't be an issue but I have 3 DP out and only 1 HDMI out on the setup I'm running (1 work laptop with DP out x2, I 1 desktop with both HDMI and DP out). Even DP to HDMI stops working.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms