Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

11-18-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 24
  • Message 1 of 79

Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2019-11-18, 16:51 PM

Hi.

Just bought one of these monitors but there is no guide or setup instructions on how to get the KVM working.  I can see PBP via HDMI and DP but my keyboard / mouse only works on my main PC which has the USB3.1 to USB-C cable plugged in.  My Keyboard / mouse is plugged into the monitor.   How do I get my laptop via HDMI to use the keyboard and mouse?

Thanks

Options

601 Posts

08-01-2018

United States of America

411 Signins

10555 Page Views

• Views: 10555
  • Message 2 of 79

Re: Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2019-11-19, 12:59 PM

Hi Paul2020!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

The keyboard and Mouse should automatically when when it is connected to the Y44W-10. Is the drivers are fully installed on your computer? You can download the drivers here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500282.

Here's also the User Manual : https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/monitor/lenovo_y44w-10_ug_en.pdf.

Regards,

Jerry_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

11-18-2019

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 3 of 79

2019-11-21, 16:15 PM

Hi Jerry

Thanks for your reply.  I had already followed your advice and installed the up to date drivers but I still can get this working.  The manual doesn't show how the KVM/PBP function works very well.  To explain my setup a little clearer my setup is as follows:

Monitor:

Keyboard and Mouse connected to the two USB 3.x ports in underside of monitor.  ( The ones where you normally connect the speacker cable)

Desktop Computer

Video connected via DP

Supplied USB-A (Computer) to USB-C (Monitor) cable plugged into the USB-C 5G port

Laptop Computer

Video connected via HDMI

USB-A (Computer) to USB-C (Monitor) cable plugged into the USB-C 10G port

From this I can setup PBP to display the DP on one sifde of the monitor and the HDMI on the other side.  The issue is that the keyboard/mouse will only work on the desktop computer.  I've done a quite a bit of searching but can't find a solution.

Thanks

Paul

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 4 of 79

2019-12-18, 20:23 PM

Paul! I feel you. I just got this monitor and the documentation is absolutely terrible. No mention of "KVM" on the "user manual", which is only available online as a PDF (not in box).

The only way I can see to change the input, is to use the OSD (on-screen display) to switch it. It is under the "Advanced" menu, the submenu is "USB Source Selection" this changes whether the USB-A inputs are sent out via the USB-C 10G port or the USB-C 5G port.

It works, but it's not very user friendly - at least several button clicks to switch... not at all "KVM-like".

Lenovo, or someone else, please provide guidance on how to make it easier to switch which USB-C output is getting the USB-A inputs sent to.

Options

30 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

41 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 5 of 79

2020-02-08, 18:46 PM
Hi, I haven't been able to setup the KVM either. I looked at all the options in the menu and I don't know how to use this monitor's KVM built in capabilities.

Ideally my setup would be to use: one laptop's USB-C to the monitor's USB-C 5G, and another laptop's USB-C to the monitor's USB-C 10G. I would expect that depending on which source is selected in the monitor, the USB peripheral inputs switch to that USB-C target.

Not ideal but I could also set it up with additional video wires (HDMI & Display Port).

I haven't installed the Y44W-10 drivers as I haven't found an installer for OSX (or Linux), I don't have a Windows machine. Where are the other versions of this driver?
Options

30 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

41 Signins

228 Page Views

• Message 6 of 79

Re:Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2020-02-27, 2:36 AM
Hey Happiness801 and Paul, this is exactly what I'm looking for! How do I use this monitor's KVM? it is a mistery! The marketing and the product team in Lenovo do not talk to each other, one advertises it while the other probably does not know it has to document it (or include it (?) ) Anyhow, the user manual does not have a section telling you how to use it. As a KVM user, the expectation is that there's a single button press in the KVM device (or, in this case the monitor) to swap the keyboard, mouse and display input over to the next computer connected. Or, a key combination/sequence that you can use at the keyboard to perform this selection. It is not that hard, $50 iogear devices do that. Okay, maybe they do this via driver functionality? well, there are no Linux/OSX drivers published which blocks me out to use it. Until there is a section in the manual on how to use the KVM, this is an imaginary feature that Lenovo is advertising for the Y44w monitor. My current setup is extremely dysfunctional because I have to swap manually the keyboard/mouse USB wires plus the 3 button presses it takes for the display to switch the video source. I'm really tempted at this point to buy an external KVM which would defeat the purpose of buying this expensive piece of technology. Also tweeted this out: https://twitter.com/benjaesq/status/1232857995333099522
Options

30 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

41 Signins

228 Page Views

• Message 7 of 79

2020-03-12, 5:24 AM

did you try the Artery windows app for configuring the KVM? I read that from tech support but in my case when I installed Artery it just fails to launch so I can't even try that.

Options

4 Posts

04-14-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 8 of 79

2020-04-14, 15:23 PM

Just got this monitor and was wondering about that myself. This is false advertising.

"one-key KVM" - https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/accessories-and-monitors/monitors/gaming/Y44w-10A18434LY0-43-4Monitor-HDMI-SPK/p/65EARAC1UK

Seems to be copy-paste of the soemwhat identical Thinkvision product

Optionally, you can upgrade your FW to the thinkvision one (worked for me): https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT508919

This remaps the gaming button on your monitor to the KVM functionality. I'm not sure what the other side-effects are of this upgrade, but my monitor seems to work fine.

AFAIK, the difference between the Legion and the Thinkvision monitors is the factory calibration, so if the KVM functionality is important to you (was for me), I guess you can upgrade the FW like I did (I do not take responsibility if something goes wrong + I could not locate the original FW if we ever wish to revert back)

Options

5 Posts

04-18-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 9 of 79

2020-04-19, 21:30 PM
I've tried this method but you will lose the abbility of 2:1 PBP Which was one my reasons to get this lcd. Now I'm scrubbing the net to find original firmware. Can somebody from support reading this can provide the Legion Firmware?
Options

1 Posts

04-20-2020

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 10 of 79

2020-04-20, 9:46 AM

Hi

Getting this monitor delivered tomorrow and would like the KVM functionality to work as advertised if possible

Did the change of firmware allow the freesync to still work? Looking at the specs of the thinkvision equivalent monitor it seems to not have freesync capability so wondered if changing the firmware disabled this feature

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms