Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

04-14-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 11 of 79

Re:Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2020-04-21, 8:30 AM
I have 2:1 PBP funcionality. I could not find the original FW also (as stated in my prior message). Apart from trying to contact lenovo and waiting for hours, dont know how else to help. Sorry. P.S their tutorial was really misleading since the USB-c power delivery patch is intended towards both monitor models, but the FW upgrade page is for the thinkvision only. I updated by mistake :P. Their utility does not check the model number of the monitor prior to FW upgrades. That is just ludicrous
Options

30 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

41 Signins

228 Page Views

• Views: 228
  • Message 12 of 79

2020-04-30, 21:57 PM

I have 2:1 PBP funcionality. I could not find the original FW also (as stated in my prior message). Apart from trying to contact lenovo and waiting for hours, dont know how else to help. Sorry. P.S their tutorial was really misleading since the USB-c power delivery patch is intended towards both monitor models, but the FW upgrade page is for the thinkvision only. I updated by mistake :P. Their utility does not check the model number of the monitor prior to FW upgrades. That is just ludicrous

I performed the update and I was not aware at the time that I was getting my monitor out of the original legion software stack. As mentioned before, the documentation about the fix is misleading as it states:

USB Type C Power Delivery Firmware Update for ThinkVision P44w-10 / Y44w-10 - Windows

But actually your Legion firmware transforms into a ThinkVision firmware, that's why my button labels in the monitor are now not working. I can't change brightness by using the brightness arrow buttons because those were repurposed by the firmware.

Also, I can't change the brightness from the OSD because for some reason the new firmware has Screen Controls  grayed out.

Totally unacceptable, Lenovo needs to issue a Legion compatible firmware update addressing the power delivery problem.

Going back to the KVM topic, the ThinkVision firmware update sets the functionality up for the user-facing inputs (2 USB-A, 1 headphone jack) to be toggled between USB-C 10G and USB-C 5G by using the monitor's input selection button (2nd button from the left). And that is their best version of a KVM. This is a failure because KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, Mouse and that button only switches Keyboard and Mouse provided that you connected them to the front USB panel.

Let me give you a run of the expectations vs. reality with the Y44w-10 KVM.

Y44w-10 KVM expectations

• An OSD section for the KVM where you select which video input goes with which USB-C port. A manual section that explains how to use it.
  • A single button press of a physical button in the monitor to switch KVM inputs. This means that the Keyboard, Video and Monitor are with computer 1 and after the button press; these 3 go to computer 2.

- And/or -

• A keyboard combination that helps you select KVM to computer 1 or computer 2. This is the best case scenario as you would not even need to move from your spot to perform the change.

Y44w-10 KVM reality

• No KVM mention in the manual, no KVM section in the OSD.
  • A USB switch to route USB-A ports to each of the 2 USB-C monitor ports.
  • To change from computer 1 to computer 2 you need to:
    • Switch your video input using the OSD or the monitor button.
    • Switch your USB inputs using the OSD or the monitor button.
    • No keyboard combination provided.

I am a Linux/Mac user and I had to go some length to get a Windows machine in order to install the Artery application, only to find that it has no KVM section in there either. It has a good way to select PIP/PBP from the computer but the KVM part is absent.

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 13 of 79

2020-05-13, 22:30 PM

After not having checked this forum posting for a while, I was excited to see all the replies! The ThinkVision FW 1.3 Update sounded promising, but based on @Yoga920 's review, doesn't sound like it's actually a solution. I only use the front USB's in an emergency because using them means cords in your face. I actually bought a USB hub to attach to the back of the monitor so I could get 5 ports in the back and hide the cords. 

For now, I'm still clicking 13 or 14 buttons to switch devices and it makes me grumble every time. SO PAINFUL! 

PLEASE LENOVO, GIVE US A FIX FOR THIS!

Options

4 Posts

04-14-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 14 of 79

2020-06-16, 18:39 PM

I'm bumping up this thread in order for a Lenovo engineer to help us out:

we need the firmware file for the legion monitor (for those of us who updated the firmware to the thinkvision version)

I'm posting this now since I've seen that the F/W upgrade page has been recently modified to include a warning for the legion monitor 09-06-2020. This means that someone must have noticed our thread in this forum.

Please assist us :(

Options

1 Posts

06-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 15 of 79

2020-06-25, 16:39 PM

Sharing the frustration. 1K US$ monitor with built in KVM sounded good in paper.

Reality dictates otherwise.

A comb. key shortcut would do the trick.

I am really considering sending this baby back and get a regular monitor + IOGEAR's KVM (that would put some money back in my pocket and fix my current issues).

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 16 of 79

2020-06-25, 20:09 PM

@ rafa.uy wrote:

Sharing the frustration. 1K US$ monitor with built in KVM sounded good in paper.

I am really considering sending this baby back and get a regular monitor + IOGEAR's KVM (that would put some money back in my pocket and fix my current issues).

I agree that a key combination would work as long as it switches all of keyboard, video, and mouse together (e.g. KVM). Artery is not quality software, but if they could add that functionality, it would be nice to have.

Options

4 Posts

04-14-2020

United States of America

10 Signins

60 Page Views

• Message 17 of 79

2020-06-26, 13:57 PM

@ rafa.uy wrote:

nearly 2K USD over here :(

Options

1 Posts

07-10-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 18 of 79

2020-07-10, 15:12 PM

Bump. I too bought this monitor for the purported KVM capabilities.  I regret the purchase at the moment.  Otherwise it's a great monitor.

Options

4 Posts

07-14-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 19 of 79

2020-07-14, 21:03 PM
You can revert to the y44 firmware by updating the USBC power firmware. It'll take you back to y44 v1.0 (I haven't been able to find any newer firmware online) Just read the instructions (pdf link) properly. Don't long press the game button to connect the display that does nothing, but follow the rest of the instructions properly.
Options

1 Posts

08-12-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 20 of 79

2020-08-12, 4:01 AM

Were you actually able to revert?@ OriDjinn wrote:

You can revert to the y44 firmware by updating the USBC power firmware. It'll take you back to y44 v1.0 (I haven't been able to find any newer firmware online)Just read the instructions (pdf link) properly. Don't long press the game button to connect the display that does nothing, but follow the rest of the instructions properly.

Is there a different link to the USBC power firmware? All I see is the USB firmware that updates you to LT 1.3 (2019-1021 987DDH DP_HighOVP_with EQ no audio no debug no DFP no SNK no Status update_200.BIN).

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)