Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

31 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

243 Page Views

• Views: 243
  • Message 21 of 81

Re:Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2020-08-15, 15:43 PM
I’m also interested in the downgrade as my monitor OSD crashes about every day or so. When it crashes, the OSD grays out the brightness controls and there is no way to change it afterwards, the fix is to factory reset it. I am expecting that a downgrade keeps that crash from happening. As for the KVM functionality, I have given up on that feature and I’ve lowered my expectations to an external KVM as Lenovo did not deliver on its own advertising.
Options

4 Posts

09-09-2020

United States of America

7 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 22 of 81

2020-09-09, 8:29 AM

I got the monitor couple of months ago, and have the same issues as everyone else here: have to navigate thru the 3-level hierarchical OSD menu to switch video input, then do the same for the usb input.. 16 button presses.. really annoying. 

Lenovo, if you are reading this - please, please do something about it. Maybe a firmware update, or maybe you could control it thru Artery.

I'm not using the gaming button and I'm considering to trying out a firmware downgrade suggested earlier in this thread, but I'm worried since this is a downgrade, will I sacrifice any other functionality? What other risks do I have if I go down that route?

Also, I have an issue where when I turn on/off (or plug-in/out) a different HDMI device (receiver/projector/monitor) to my PC, the Y44 (main monitor on this PC) resets the usb source information and I have to go thru OSD menu again to set it back to the input I have previously chosen. Does anyone else have this problem? Not sure if it's a Windows 10 issue or an issue with my monitor..

Options

31 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

243 Page Views

• Message 23 of 81

2020-10-01, 2:13 AM

Well, I guess nobody will run into the swapped firmware issue anymore because the firmware update link is no longer valid:

Firmware Update for ThinkVision P44w-10 - Windows

For background, this link is embedded in the USB-C Power Delivery article addressed to both monitor models (P44w-10/Y44w-10). If the firmware update is not available, then you can't run into that issue anymore, right? But what about the users that are stuck with the P44w-10 firmware in the Y44w-10 hardware? where is the Y44w-10 firmware? I need to get rid of the P44w-10 FW and I can't find it.

<rant>Just in case you were wondering, the Lenovo Y44w-10 still does not work as a KVM. It's a good monitor, but it is by no means a KVM. Lenovo took the challenge of embedding a $90 KVM into a $1000+ monitor and it failed. The Lenovo department that got the KVM right was marketing, if only the engineering would have known what was in the feature specification. Read this thread and you'll get testimony of many users who hit that wall after purchasing it. This is infuriating, I regret purchasing this monitor and I will never purchase a Lenovo monitor in the future.</rant>

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 24 of 81

2020-10-01, 2:43 AM

@ Nik717 wrote:

I got the monitor couple of months ago, and have the same issues as everyone else here: have to navigate thru the 3-level hierarchical OSD menu to switch video input, then do the same for the usb input.. 16 button presses.. really annoying. 

Lenovo, if you are reading this - please, please do something about it. Maybe a firmware update, or maybe you could control it thru Artery.

I'm not using the gaming button and I'm considering to trying out a firmware downgrade suggested earlier in this thread, but I'm worried since this is a downgrade, will I sacrifice any other functionality? What other risks do I have if I go down that route?

Also, I have an issue where when I turn on/off (or plug-in/out) a different HDMI device (receiver/projector/monitor) to my PC, the Y44 (main monitor on this PC) resets the usb source information and I have to go thru OSD menu again to set it back to the input I have previously chosen. Does anyone else have this problem? Not sure if it's a Windows 10 issue or an issue with my monitor..

Oh yes, one of the other amazing "Features" (sarcasm). Yes, any time an input is changed or if the computer connected to the 5G cable wakes, the USB inputs always switch to the 10G connection. I press buttons on the dang OSD all day long. I have never had a monitor where I had to fuss with buttons on it so dang much. Oh, but yes both of my connected devices are Windows 10.

I'm really close to just giving up and getting a separate USB-C dock or KVM :(

Options

31 Posts

10-26-2018

United States of America

43 Signins

243 Page Views

• Message 25 of 81

2020-10-01, 19:11 PM

@ happiness801 wrote:

Oh yes, one of the other amazing "Features" (sarcasm). Yes, any time an input is changed or if the computer connected to the 5G cable wakes, the USB inputs always switch to the 10G connection. I press buttons on the dang OSD all day long. I have never had a monitor where I had to fuss with buttons on it so dang much. Oh, but yes both of my connected devices are Windows 10.

I'm really close to just giving up and getting a separate USB-C dock or KVM :(

That is so true, we look like phone operators from the past century just manipulating the OSD buttons to patch thru to the next computer. I have yet another reason to push those buttons, every once in a while (twice or more a week) the OSD Firmware crashes and you can't change the brightness, the only solution is to factory reset it.

KVMs, yeah, perhaps the true objective of this thread is to become a KVM recommendations thread. That would be less frustrating. I searched for USB-C KVM switches but the issue there is power delivery, if you want charging, video and peripherals over the same USB-C interface, you might get one KVM (I believe from IO Gear) that has this for one of the input ports.

Options

1 Posts

10-02-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 26 of 81

2020-10-02, 1:18 AM

Wow! This is so disappointing. I just got bought and recieved my monitor today.

Having a built in KVM was one of the primary reasons I chose this monitor. 

How can they advertise a KVM when no KVM exists? This is outright ridiculous. 

Bein forced to navigate through 17 buttons of the OSD is not a KVM. It's easier to just manually unplug / repugnant everything. 

Lenovo, please fix this. 

Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 27 of 81

2020-10-06, 18:18 PM

Just got my monitor back from warranty with firmware 1.5 installed

The KVM is now automatically switching. Great !

Follow up: it does partially work.

KVM switches from main PC to laptop but not the way back...

Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 28 of 81

2020-10-08, 11:04 AM

Firmware 1.6 is available : https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sv/en/products/monitors-and-projectors/lcd-monitors/lenovo-y44w-10/solutions/HT511200-FIRMWARE-UPDATE-FOR-LENOVO-Y44W-WINDOWS

Installed it, still display 1.5T in the OSD but I guess it is technically 1.6.

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Message 29 of 81

2020-10-11, 18:29 PM

@Elmorama -

Please tell us more... why was your monitor in for warranty? And you said the "KVM is now automatically switching!" -- can you explain how? What do you do to make it switch?

My firmware on the OSD currently says "LT1.2".

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Message 30 of 81

2020-10-11, 20:52 PM

For the record, I just did the process to update my firmware using the link given by @Elmorama . My Firmware before showed "LT1.2" and now shows "LT1.5" (as mentioned). However, I see nothing different. The OSD looks the same. If I switch inputs, it still doesn't change the USB Source Selection so I still have to manually switch both and it still takes a ton of button presses and is not a KVM functionality.

Hopefully I'm missing something, but I don't see what this firmware changed.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms