Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 31 of 79

Re:Legion Y44w-10 KVM Setup

2020-10-17, 7:32 AM

The monitor was on warranty because an artifact appeared on a very small zone of the screen. The pixels themselves were not faulty, it was more something in the layer above them. It was producing a dark spot on the screen; very small but given the price of the monitor it should not happen.

Here is my configuration :

• regular PC plugged via Display Port on the screen and also connected on the USBC-10 port
  • logitech dongle plugged into one of the front USB port of the screen

With this setup, the mouse and keyboard linked to the dongle work normally on the PC.

When I plug my laptop (DELL XPS 15) via an USB cable to the USBC-5 port of the screen, the KVM switches to USBC-5 so the mouse and keyboard are now controlling the laptop. That's great.

The problem is that when I disconnect the laptop, the KVM does not switch back to USBC-10 for controlling the PC. I need to go to the OSD menu to reactivate USBC-10.

Firmware 1.0 was definitely not working this way.

That's for KVM. I haven't bothered yet to test PIP which was definitely not working with firmware 1.0.

@Levono  Having a change log in the firmware release whould be appeciated and also switching back to USBC-10 in my case would be a great improvement

Options

3 Posts

10-19-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 32 of 79

2020-10-19, 22:42 PM

Got monitor yesterday and upgraded to latest firmware. Please can someone tell how this "one touch" kvm is supposed to work? Might have to RMA it after 1 day! 

Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 33 of 79

2020-10-20, 15:20 PM

Well first of all, this KVM feature is not really documented or at least very badly documented. If I remember correctly, the only reference in the manual is where the OSD menus are explained and the word "KVM" is not even written.

In the thread just above I explain how it work for me. This doesn't mean that it is the correct way and there may be a better method.

To my knowledge, there is no "one key KVM". There is a "multiple key combination KVM".

When 2 computers are plugged into the monitor via USB C, a "multiple key combination" can make your input peripherals (if plugged into the front USB ports of the monitor ) control one or another of those computers.

I'm not in front of the monitor right now so I cannot tell you what is the exact combination to perform in the OSD but it seems to me that someone in this thread has already explained it.

Options

3 Posts

10-19-2020

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 34 of 79

2020-10-20, 22:20 PM

Sorry to be a pain but if you walk me through it I would truly be grateful. I'm having to use the laptop mouse and keyboard because I can't get my wireless mouse and keyboard to switch 

Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 35 of 79

2020-10-21, 7:42 AM

No worries.

To change the USBC port to which the front USB will be transmitted, here is what I do :

• open OSD
  • advanced settings
  • USB source selection
  • select either USB-C 10G ou USB-C 5G
  • select USB 3.1

By doing that, it will activate either USBC 5 or USBC 10 as active transmitter for front USB ports

Options

14 Posts

12-18-2019

United States of America

11 Signins

98 Page Views

• Views: 98
  • Message 36 of 79

2020-10-21, 15:03 PM

Just to clarify, switching "USB Source Selection" applies to the 2 front USB-A ports, the front headphone jack, and the two USB-A ports on the back. I use a USB-hub plugged in to the back because 2 ports wasn't enough and I didn't want to use the front-ports unless I have to because I didn't want cords running in the front.

So to switch between my two laptops connected on USB-C (one on 5G one on 10G), I have to:

Switch Input/video source:
* Input Signal Button (second from left) -> Up/Down -> Confirm button (second from right)

* wait for laptop to respond or wake because the OSD doesn't work if it's not getting a signal (WHY?? This is maddening)

Switch USB source selection:
* Menu button -> Down -> Down -> Confirm -> Down -> Down -> Down (to "USB Source Selection) -> Confirm -> Up/Down -> Confirm -> Confirm 

So, 14 button presses in total to switch the two devices. Definitely not a 1-key KVM! 

It's tempting to just plug/unplug but then your desktop window arrangement gets screwed up and I am wary of the wear and tear on cables and ports.

I wish you could at least just always have the USB Source Selection and Input Signal selection tied together. I NEVER want one laptop showing on the monitor while the OTHER is being controlled by my keyboard and mouse.

Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 37 of 79

2020-10-21, 15:23 PM
In my case I do plug/unplug the laptop, that's why it seems simpler to me :-)
Options

18 Posts

10-06-2020

France

20 Signins

110 Page Views

• Message 38 of 79

2020-10-21, 15:31 PM

BTW, for me with firmware LT1.6 the first button on the left is not working anymore. Would be great to be able to use it for KVM switching. eh lenovo?

Options

3 Posts

10-23-2020

Poland

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 39 of 79

2020-10-23, 23:53 PM

@ Yoga920 wrote:

Also, I can't change the brightness from the OSD because for some reason the new firmware has Screen Controls  grayed out.

Just by the way, I had similar problem and I found out that it's grayed out when the HDR was enabled

Options

6 Posts

10-25-2020

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 40 of 79

2020-10-25, 19:53 PM

Just adding to this. It was definitely advertised as a gaming monitor that has KVM functionality.  The most obvious use case for such a monitor is people who have a gaming rig and a work laptop. Particularly in these times of covid, but I bought mine pre-covid intending to use that exact setup.

The top-end gaming features of this monitor (e.g. 144Hz refresh) ONLY work on DisplayPort, so even if people have a USB-C capable graphics card, they're not going to want to use that connection.

The changes I'd like to see in the firmware are:

1. On the input select menu, grey out or remove any inputs that don't have a video input connected. (This one is optional, but it'd make the menu nicer to use)
  2. The option to link the each USB port to one of the non-USB inputs (DisplayPort or HDMI). This port would then become USB-only and wouldn't advertise itself as display capable. (also remove it from the input select menu)
  3. When the user selects a linked non-USB video input, such as DisplayPort, the monitor auto switches the USB source to the USB port the user linked

Edit: The fact that this thread has twice as many views as even the stickied post should show how much people want this, and you did advertise it after all!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms