Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

01-22-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 4

Legion m500 Mouse Not working with any Mac products

2021-01-22, 3:43 AM

I recently bought an iMac and decided to switch back to my m500 mouse over Apple's Magic mouse because it is 10 times more ergonomic and easy to use.  It was working fine with my mac up until one random day when it just stopped connecting.  I have been looking all over the internet to find out how to fix this but the only solutions I could find were to reset my USB ports, which didn't work after numerous attempts.  I still have my PC, and it works perfectly on there.  When I try to use it with my macbook, it doesnt work.  

Are the m500s incompatible with macs or is mine just defective? Like I said before, it works with my PC, but when I plug it into my iMac/Macbook it doesnt work

Options

2246 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

525 Signins

19704 Page Views

• Views: 19704
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Legion m500 Mouse Not working with any Mac products

2021-01-22, 14:57 PM

Hello @jogata,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Mac's don't have compatibility issues with mice as far as I am aware of.

I would suggest checking if you have the bluetooth icon on your task bar as apparently this is required for third party mouse use.

If this does not work you might want to try contacting Apple support for additional troubleshooting steps you can try but I can definitely say that the mouse is compatible.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

02-09-2021

Canada

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-02-09, 6:13 AM

I can confirm this issue as well, though for me it is very random and frequent. At first I thought it was my KVM, but my other Legion M200 and M300 mice work fine all the time with the same unit connect to my Mac. All 3 of my Legion M200, M300 and M500 work fine on my gaming PC. It just not working with my Macbook Pro and Mac Pro running Mojave and Catalina.

The strange thing is that the M500 mouse is detected under the system profile, but the mouse isn't lit up or working. And when it does decide to work, the lights on the mouse do light up. I believe it's an Apple driver issue. MacOS gets confused and sometimes even treats it as keyboard device.

It's a shame, I was beginning to like this mouse and would have purchased another one.

Options

5 Posts

02-25-2021

Korea (the Republic of)

7 Signins

105 Page Views

• Views: 105
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-02-28, 2:31 AM

The M500 mouse is recognized as a "KEYBOARD" in Windows.

However, you can use Windows with a mouse because it can use multiple keyboards.

So, this mouse is not available on MAC, DOS, UEFI(on some mainboards) with only one keyboard.

This issue requires firmware modification on Lenovo.

I think this is a critical problem.

But I don't know if they'll modify it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms