Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-23-2020

United States of America

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Artery Desktop Partition bugs (?) / feature recommendations

2020-09-23, 13:21 PM

I have a Y27q-20 monitor and am running the latest version of Lenovo Artery (3920) on Windows 7.

It appears that the default desktop partition profiles don't account for the taskbar being displayed - the bottom of windows are hiding behind the taskbar. I created a custom profile with a horizontal line just above the bottom that seems to have fixed it, but would be nice if there was an option to choose whether you want the windows to overlap the taskbar or not.

Also, the edges of partitioned windows overlap - instead of abutting each other as they do in the native Windows snap feature. It looks like the software doesn't account for the thin border around the window on any side (at the edges of the monitor, the window borders are cut off).  Is there any way to account for the window borders for partitioning?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Options

1 Posts

09-26-2020

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Artery Desktop Partition bugs (?) / feature recommendations

2020-09-27, 3:55 AM

This issue is also affecting the Y44.  The bottom of the window is hidden behind the task bar.  This is just one of the many issues I've seen with this display in the 4 days that I've owned it.  Seriously considering sending it back.

I have had to restart Artery multiple times every day because of little issues such as not being able to reposition windows until Artery process is killed. 

PnP window is useless as it creates a PnP window inside of the PnP window.  

Sometimes Artery just refuses to change inputs.  

When setting up PnP, Artery does not allow you to select the sources before launching the PnP.

I have completely given up on the software and use only the physical buttons on the display, which are also quite clunky and often unresponsive for 10 seconds after switching inputs.

This is a beautiful display with a garbage firmware and no support to speak of.  

The setup directions are so bad they might as well not exist.  

And the claims of a KVM function are an all out lie.  

This will no doubt be my last Lenovo product.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)