Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

India

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G27c-10 is showing only 74.99 Hz although Lenovo claims that it is 165 Hz display

2021-01-19, 13:36 PM

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a new Gaming Curved monitor Lenovo G27c-10. When I hooked it into my system it is showing that this monitor is only a 74.99Hz display.

I am using this Monitor with my work laptop Lenovo-Thinkpad-T590 and that has 120Hz of the in-built display.

So does it mean that my monitor is a faulty one? 

Note:

I am using Fedora as my main OS because of work/office dependency. So couldn't locate the driver for Fedora of this monitor.

Kindly help me with the device to catch its 165Hz display and locating drivers for Fedora.

Cheers,

Rishu Mehra

Options

4554 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

678 Signins

29765 Page Views

• Views: 29765
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo G27c-10 is showing only 74.99 Hz although Lenovo claims that it is 165 Hz display

2021-01-19, 18:32 PM

Hello @rishumehra,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I've checked the specs of your machine and would like to know if you are using the HDMI port USB-C port of the machine?

The machine has HDMI1.4b which should be able to run 120hz on display since this is the case should you want to exceed the 75hz cap you should use the display port.

Here's the link to the specs of the machine: https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_T590

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

01-19-2021

India

2 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo G27c-10 is showing only 74.99 Hz although Lenovo claims that it is 165 Hz display

2021-01-19, 20:19 PM

Hi @Jack_Lenovo1

Thanks for the reply. Well, I am unable to access the link you shared for the machine I am using. I am getting the following error:

Well, I am using an HDMI port only and I checked the box again there was no DP cable inside it. So Lenovo should give a DP cable within the box, for the same.

I'll order a DP cable now. Thanks for the update.

Any source where I can find drivers/software-update for Fedora Linux for this screen?

Cheers,

Rishu Mehra

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms