Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

10-03-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 13

Lenovo - G27c-10 no sound from audio jack

2020-10-03, 3:47 AM

I was trying out speakers for my monitor and I had run an aux cable to my Jbl speaker and was getting game sound that way. But when I went and bought a pair of monitor speakers it did not work or play any sound but then I go back to my Jbl speakers and there is no more audio going to my speaker please help. 

Options

10459 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26795 Signins

583504 Page Views

• Views: 583504
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Lenovo - G27c-10 no sound from audio jack

2020-10-12, 18:51 PM

Hi lw_41,

click the speaker next to your clock in the lower right corner and select "Open Sound settings". From here, select on the right hand side "Sound control panel", which should lead you to this view:

You should have HDMI as an output method listed here (make sure that also disabled devices are visible, as seen on the screenshot). Click and force HDMI to be used as the output method for sound, as this is the option which is feeding the 3,5 jack on your monitor with sound output.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2016

Stockton on Tees

8 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 3 of 13

2020-12-01, 15:30 PM

Just bought this monitor and having same issues 

1. No sound output from headphone jack 

2. There is no hdmi sound output option in sound control menu despite being displayed all including hidden 

3. FreeSync also not working I have AMD Radeon RX580 and it says not supported ?? FreeSync premium setting is enabled from monitor settings menu 

I think this monitor sucks big time and Lenovos support is non existent all support  phone numbers are dead but guess what sales are working what a rip off??

I want this monitor returned and refunded I m not at all happy 

Options

10459 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26795 Signins

583504 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2020-12-01, 18:47 PM

@ VisitorX wrote:

1. No sound output from headphone jack 

2. There is no hdmi sound output option in sound control menu despite being displayed all including hidden 

3. FreeSync also not working I have AMD Radeon RX580 and it says not supported ?? FreeSync premium setting is enabled from monitor settings menu 

Hi VisitorX,

even with FreeSync Premium disabled, FreeSync should still work. FreeSync Premium only means that it's working above 120Hz and FHD+? Have you set your refresh rate at the max rate under Windows too?

Isn't there a specific setting for audio output over your GPU in the AMD software? The Audio needs to come from this source, so I would guess that currently this isn't happening?

Best regards,

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2016

Stockton on Tees

8 Signins

17 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2020-12-02, 9:47 AM

Detected as Generic PNP monitor in windows 10

1. It is detected as Generic PNP monitor in windows 10

No hdmi sound output detected

2. No hdmi sound output detected for headphone passthrough

Max resolution detected under windows 10 is 1080p

3. Max resolution detected under windows 10 is 1080p

Only defaults to 60 hz

4. Only defaults to 60 hz

Radeon drivers says Freesync not supported check picture these are latest drivers

5. Radeon drivers says Freesync not supported check picture these are latest drivers

Check model number and bios of monitor if any significance

6. Check model number and bios of monitor if any significance

Freesync premium is enabled but it doent matter if its enabled or not everything remains same

7. Freesync premium is enabled but it doent matter if its enabled or not everything remains same

There is no manual for this monitor there is a page inside the box which gives qr code to scan for manual and drivers when you do that it brings to page not found error

When you try to register this product it gives error on Lenovo website

When you call Lenovo product support and press product support team number it ends the call ??

There is nothing much i can do really please I want this fixed or returned for a full refund.. never had any issues like this even with any monitor in my life

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2016

Stockton on Tees

8 Signins

17 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2020-12-02, 13:21 PM

another cheeky thing to do is remove this product from LENOVO support portal G27-10 but G27-20 is available ??? why ? 

is this is a known faulty product ?? but why is it on sale if so ? 

Options

10459 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26795 Signins

583504 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2020-12-02, 17:13 PM

Thats a good question which I do not have the answer for yet. I have inquired about this internally and will let you know as soon as I receive an answer.

Juraj

_
_

Options

2 Posts

12-04-2020

France

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 8 of 13

2020-12-04, 14:06 PM

Hello, I'm having the same problem. No sound from the monitor as I can't find an HDMI output in my sound settings either. Sound works fine when I plug in headphones or speakers but both I own are pretty crappy and I really don't want to buy new ones after buying a 200$ monitor I thought would work fine.

Am I an idiot and there actually are no speakers on this monitor and I just didn't notice it when buying or is something supposed to be happening but not working as it should ?

Just like the previous user I can't find the G27c-10 monitor on the Lenovo support page, only the G27-20 (which in itself doesn't sound good at all does it).

Thank you for your time.

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2016

Stockton on Tees

8 Signins

17 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2020-12-04, 22:49 PM
this monitor comes without speaker but has an audio output jack which supposedly should passthrough audio to a external speaker or headphone.. if you can get an audio that way your monitor is fine.. I on the other hand cannot get audio this way
Options

2 Posts

12-04-2020

France

3 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 10 of 13

2020-12-05, 0:43 AM

Ok i'll try that again then thanks !!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms