Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

04-02-2019

United States of America

13 Signins

145 Page Views

• Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion Y25F-10 monitor. Is it good for coding work/studying etc., not only gaming?

2019-10-17, 20:09 PM

Hello,

Considering buying this monitor, will use it with my Legion Y530 laptop.

I know it's meant for gaming and entertainment, but right now I can get it for a good price.

It's an TN panel, inferior in color quality to IPS, but mostly I would be coding/studying on it, maybe some graphical work, and of course, entertainment.

Will it be good enough for work related stuff?

Thank you for your answers.

Answer
Options

9803 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26712 Signins

578215 Page Views

• Views: 578215

Re: Lenovo Legion Y25F-10 monitor. Is it good for coding work/studying etc., not only gaming?

2019-10-23, 8:22 AM

Hi Tetsunami,

I'm sure that the monitor will get the job done, on the other hand, what are your expectations? When coding, as any other text, it's going be displayed just fine, but when it comes to graphical work, you can't expect it to perform like a monitor which is specifically designed for graphical work. I mean, you're going to be able to distinguish colors, but at the end of the day it is a gaming monitor, so don't expect 99% Adobe RGB accuracy.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

9803 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26712 Signins

578215 Page Views

• Views: 578215
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Legion Y25F-10 monitor. Is it good for coding work/studying etc., not only gaming?

2019-10-23, 8:22 AM

Hi Tetsunami,

I'm sure that the monitor will get the job done, on the other hand, what are your expectations? When coding, as any other text, it's going be displayed just fine, but when it comes to graphical work, you can't expect it to perform like a monitor which is specifically designed for graphical work. I mean, you're going to be able to distinguish colors, but at the end of the day it is a gaming monitor, so don't expect 99% Adobe RGB accuracy.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms