Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-08-2019

Denmark

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Y27gq-25 - red letters are pixelated

2019-12-08, 19:33 PM

Got this new Lenovo Y27gq-25 6 days ago but there is something i just can't seem to change and thats the color Red and all shades theroff But it's only with letters it gets pixelated. And i have tried to update drivers and do anything inside the Nvidia pannel and even the screen's own featuers but no matter what it never changes.

(in general i don't feel any coloered letters look as good as on my old 60hz Asus PB278 IPS Monitor.)

But the colors look fine as long noone writes in white and nothing else

edit. seems a scr shot don't show the pixel as long as i drag in to another monitor. so here is a pic from my phone :/

Also the more diffrent colors that are close by they all gets a purple shade behind it

Answer
Options

1 Posts

12-17-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20

Re: Lenovo Y27gq-25 - red letters are pixelated

2019-12-17, 2:18 AM

Hi, got the monitor and noticed that the color red is absolutely butchered by this, and there's nothing you can do, except:

• enable HDR in Windows 10:
  • [oldimg]183463i193FEB38EAB2A4FF[/oldimg]

Here's a comparison:

HDR enabled:

• Photo took with a terrible phone, (this test is irrelevant with a screenshot, it is the monitor that can not show the color correctly):
  • [oldimg]183464i0D5C67F546E69A97[/oldimg]

And with HDR Off:

• [oldimg]183465i04DD28C807918217[/oldimg]
  • This tree line is soaked in blood !

Hope this helps.

Replies(3)
Options

4 Posts

12-08-2019

Denmark

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 2 of 4

2019-12-08, 19:34 PM
Answer
Options

1 Posts

12-17-2019

United States of America

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-12-17, 2:18 AM

Hi, got the monitor and noticed that the color red is absolutely butchered by this, and there's nothing you can do, except:

• enable HDR in Windows 10:

Here's a comparison:

HDR enabled:

• Photo took with a terrible phone, (this test is irrelevant with a screenshot, it is the monitor that can not show the color correctly):

And with HDR Off:

• This tree line is soaked in blood !

Hope this helps.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

12-08-2019

Denmark

4 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2019-12-19, 19:14 PM

Hello. Thanks for the Anwser. i had a big and long fight from were i brought. Firm name Befro (NEVER buy from them. They at start would not take the screen back because i had open the packet. i live in EU so the ruels state they they MOST do it, as i get a 14 days no question aske to test out what i buy)

I did win after much going back and forth while i had to get help and confirm my right througe other orginationse. im still wating for my money (at day 5 but it can take time) but i belive (hope) it will be no problem.
All i can say is im glad i don't own that screen anymore because thats just not worth it.
i can't see your problem with the purple shading in the background around the red (all) colors but i can see for sure it's a really really bad screen for the price.

Also i did try to have HDR on and off. it helped somewhat but not with red letters from text and the purple shade behind text of diffrent coloer if they was grouped close together.

all in all if other see this. Do not buy it, that price and hazzel is NOT worth it. there are MUCH better screens out there even tho you have to settel for 165 hz (some games was not playable because that **bleep** red color had to screem "HEY LOOK AT ME! IM LOOKING REALLY BAD RIGHT IN THE MIDDEL OF YOUR FOV ;)"

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms