Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-24-2019

Lithuania

10 Signins

67 Page Views

• Views: 67
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo legion y25f-10, hdr has pink tint

2019-10-24, 14:47 PM

When I enable HDR through windows settings i get a sort of pink tint everywhere, i've tried reinstalling drivers, windows, buying a a new hdmi cable, but nothing helped. Btw while hdr is enabled in windows display settings, if i disable hdr through monitor's on-screen controls, the tint becomes gray. I did some pictures with my phone, but for some reason they look very the same on my phone with and without hdr(it looks worse in-person), though you can see some weird lines going on with the hdr one. 

Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-24-2019

Lithuania

10 Signins

67 Page Views

Re: Lenovo legion y25f-10, hdr has pink tint

2019-10-25, 13:44 PM

So I lowered the brightness on red from 50% to 47%, in nvidia control panel, and now it's not pink. I tried one game and it looks great with HDR. But out of my game in browsers and on my desktop some things look "washed out"(I think that's how you call it), sort of blurry. I tried making a color profile, but i'm not sure how that's done. Though atleast it's not pink now. I also get this window everytime i try to make a color profile, should i ignore it?

[oldimg]178053i35AEB4CD5887949E[/oldimg]

Replies(3)
Options

9712 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26702 Signins

577524 Page Views

• Views: 577524
  • Message 2 of 4

2019-10-25, 13:00 PM

Hi Booma,

there are quite a lot of discussions that I have discovered while searching the symptom online, so it seems to be a common symptom when it comes to HDR. In many of these discussions its being advised to tweak the color settings under the nVidia Control Panel, where you can adjust the resolution and colors, as advised here. Could you give it a try, whether it improves the situation or not?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-24-2019

Lithuania

10 Signins

67 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2019-10-25, 13:44 PM

So I lowered the brightness on red from 50% to 47%, in nvidia control panel, and now it's not pink. I tried one game and it looks great with HDR. But out of my game in browsers and on my desktop some things look "washed out"(I think that's how you call it), sort of blurry. I tried making a color profile, but i'm not sure how that's done. Though atleast it's not pink now. I also get this window everytime i try to make a color profile, should i ignore it?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9712 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26702 Signins

577524 Page Views

• Views: 577524
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-10-28, 13:42 PM

I think that the "blurriness" might come simply from the technology that HDR uses. I saw a lot of reports by people saying that the HDR output on their device seems blurry and I think that its being caused by the higher intensity of the output.

As to the error message, you can safely ignore it.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms