Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-10-2021

Israel

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 10

My M600 wireless mouse misses clicks sometimes

2021-01-10, 7:23 AM

I just got My M600 wireless mouse, and I have noticed out of the box that it misses left button clicks sometimes.

I click and it doe's nothing, then I click again and it is OK.

Any ideas? Does it mean that my mouse is damaged?

Thanks

Options

10481 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26797 Signins

583634 Page Views

• Views: 583634
  • Message 2 of 10

Re:My M600 wireless mouse misses clicks sometimes

2021-01-11, 22:37 PM

Hello Eibi,

does the mouse make the "clicking sound" while it misses the input when you press the left mouse button? If so, it might indicate that there is indeed a hardware issue with the left mouse button. Could you try resetting the mouse through the Legion Accessory Central? Do you have the possibility to test the mouse on a different machine?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

7 Posts

01-10-2021

Israel

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2021-01-12, 7:42 AM

Thanks you for the reply Juraj,

Yes, the mouse does the clicking sound.

I have updated to the newest firmware and it did not solve the issue.

The "missed click" comes every ~30-50 clicks or so.

How do I reset the mouse, I have only Update (Disabled since I am already updated) and Pair options.

I will try it on a different machine and write back the results.

Another Question:

Can I connect the mouse dongle only to the USB's on the back of my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop?

I have noticed that if I connect it to the right side USB, it works horribly. (is it a low power on that specific USB connection?)

Thanks again,

Options

10481 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26797 Signins

583634 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2021-01-12, 18:51 PM

To reset the mouse, press the refresh icon on the left panel where the mouse is listed. Then switch the mouse to 2,4Ghz mode (compatible with the dongle - the switch on the bottom of the mouse has 3 positions - from left to right - OFF, Bluetooth, 2,4Ghz) and place it in close proximity of the receiver (10 cm). In this position, open the lid on the bottom of the mouse (do not rotate, simply press the dent down for the lid to open up) and press the pairing button.

@ Eibi wrote:

Can I connect the mouse dongle only to the USB' on the back of my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop?

I have noticed that if I connect it to the right side USB, it works horribly. (is it a low power on that specific USB connection?)

The thing is, that all 3 ports on your machine have the same specification - they are all USB 3.2 Gen1 ports. With a colleague we have found out, that if the signal to the mouse has to cross some barrier, through electronics, like from the back of a desktop right to the front of it, it didn't work well. Is it possible that you use the mouse on the left side of the laptop?

Juraj

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

7 Posts

01-10-2021

Israel

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2021-01-12, 19:10 PM

So first, I have reset the pairing and it didn't solve the issue.

As for your question, I operate the mouse from the right side of the laptop, where I originally would like to connect my dongle.

Just to clarify:

If I connect any other wireless mouse, even simple ones to the right side USB, they work just fine.

If I connect the Lenovo mouse to the right side USB, it works horribly, get stuck more then it moves.

If I connect the lenovo mouse to the back side USB, it moves just fine but misses a left click every now and then.

Options

10481 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26797 Signins

583634 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2021-01-12, 19:18 PM

I understand. The missing clicks do indicate that there is some HW issue with the left mouse button and the mouse would need to be replaced. I don't think it would behave differently on another setup, but if its not a problem to test it, that would definitely confirm my suspicion.

Juraj

_
_

Options

7 Posts

01-10-2021

Israel

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2021-01-14, 6:52 AM

I have returned the mouse back to the store to be replaced. I will update the results of the new one.

Now regarding the fact that the mouse does not work on my right side USB of the Lenovo Legion 5 laptop (the cursor moves 50% of the time and freezes 50% of the time, looks like a power issue), why would the new one be any different.

Could there be something wrong on my laptop? (I just baught it) Maybe the USB? How can I make sure that the USB connection is not faulted?

Thanks,

Eibi

Options

10481 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26797 Signins

583634 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2021-01-14, 16:20 PM

I would suggest to try to pair the mouse with the dongle again. If this doesn't work and it behaves the same on the right port of the machine, it could be possible that there is some deadzone for the signal of the dongle? Does it make any difference if you would place the mouse on the left side of your machine? Would you see the same freezes again?

I don't think that there could be anything wrong with the port of your machine - its either working or not, I do not think that there is a state in between these two.

Juraj

_
_

Options

7 Posts

01-10-2021

Israel

11 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2021-01-14, 19:16 PM

OK now I'm officially frustrated.. :(

I got my new mouse today and the same issues happened right out of the box.

It is almost as if the Lenovo Legion mouse works terrible with the Lenovo Legion laptop..?!

(Just to make it clear, a simple Logitech wireless mouse works great on all USB ports of the Lenovo Laptop)

The mouse only works well if it is connected with a USB wire.

When the mouse is connected to another laptop (that I have - DELL), it does not get stuck at all, yet it still misses left button clicks every now and then.

Even on the back USB it still misses left clicks.

I have tried also to connect a USB Type-C hub to the laptop, and connect the dongle to it - it behaved sometimes like the right side USB and sometimes like the back USB.

I really do not understand it..

Can you help me do some diagnostics or something of a sort to pin point the problem? 

I really want a set of Lenovo Legion accessories to go with my Lenovo Legion Laptop but now I see that they just don't work well together which is not logical to say the least..  

Options

10481 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26797 Signins

583634 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2021-01-14, 20:39 PM

Its really weird and I don't think it has anything to do with the software or USB-Ports. The software either recognizes every and all clicks, or it doesn't. Such state indicates an issue with the hardware - the mouse button which is missing inputs, but at the same time its very weird that two samples had the same symptom. Unfortunately there is nothing else coming to my mind on how this could get solved.

Juraj

_
_

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms