10-21-2020

GB

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

Y27GQ-25 fan on 24/7

2020-10-21, 15:27 PM

Yesterday I got a Y27GQ-25 from Lenovo. The monitor is perfect except for the fan - it runs 24/7 as long as it has power even if the monitor is in standby or off. I've read from other users and Lenovo on this forum that the fan should stop after a while in sleep mode.

After being in standby (PC off) for 10-20 mins the monitor will sometimes wake itself up before going into standby again as there's no signal. I think this might be the point that the fan is supposed to stop but instead the monitor wakes up for some reason. It does this even without an input cable connected, so it's not being woken by my PC.

So far I've tried:

Installed Lenovo Windows driver

Reset the monitor to factory defaults

Turned 'Deep Sleep' on and off

Unplugged input cable

My firmware version is LA 1.0

Has anybody else had this issue and resolved it? The monitor really is impressive other than this.

Options

2 Posts

10-21-2020

GB

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Y27GQ-25 fan on 24/7

2020-10-22, 12:10 PM

After some more testing I‘m pretty sure the fan is running because the monitor won’t go into deep sleep. The following is the same whether an input cable is connected or not:

Deep sleep setting on:

When the monitor is in standby - the fan runs full speed for approx 15mins and then the monitor tries to wake up for no reason, goes back to standby, repeat every 15 mins.

When the monitor is off - Fan full speed for approx 15 mins then the fan drops to low speed indefinitely.

Deep sleep off:

Standby - fan full speed indefinitely.

Off - fan full speed indefinitely.

So it seems that when the monitor is supposed to go into deep sleep after around 15 mins it’s waking up instead.  Can’t seem to find a fix for it, maybe there’s some setting I could change in a service menu but can‘t find how to get in. I’ve contacted Lenovo support, it will be a shame to have to return the monitor as the panel is perfect with no stuck pixels etc. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete