Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionY Gaming Accessories & Curved Gaming Monitors
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-19-2021

Israel

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 61 of 66

Re:Y27q-20 firmware

2021-05-19, 13:23 PM

According to the seller, an official importer, service is provided by lenovo and not them. Since you say I need to get in touch with the seller, and the seller says I need to get in touch with lenovo, that means effectively there's no support provided for this product in Israel because each side points a finger at the other.

This issue is trivial to replicate by the way. Download the nvidia pendulum demo, set the minimum framerate to the highest level so it runs at a high FPS, then slam maximum framerate down to the lowest level as quickly as possible. The sudden drop in framerate will cause the screen to go blank for several seconds. I can also reproduce it constantly while in warframe's menu systems or open world areas, or when using the steam overlay ingame.

The problem isn't low framerates, it's a sudden precipitous drop in fps even if you still end at a fairly high framerate. The issue seems to be the screen winds up running to play catch up with the dropping framerate, staying blank for a second or two until everything lines up again. To be honest I'm skeptical about the claims of testing because this is very widespread and very easy to replicate.

Options

4 Posts

04-10-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 62 of 66

2021-05-20, 21:16 PM

This issue is so prevalent and debilitating that I now go out of my way to warn others not to buy this monitor if they're looking to game on it and instead go for the LG or Dell variants that use the same panel. Every time my screen blacks out during an important moment in a game I remember Lenovo's current stance on the issue and it motivates me to dedicate even more time and effort to warn anybody off from purchasing this monitor even if it's a better deal than the comparable variants (the lower price now makes sense considering how defective it is). It's even more appalling to me how long this issue has persisted and the way Lenovo support staff continue to deny the actual reports of countless users and refuse to admit that this issue has not been fixed at all.

I do hope that Lenovo does end up fixing this for real in the future, but this experience has already convinced me to avoid any Lenovo products in the future.

Options

28 Posts

04-01-2020

United States of America

49 Signins

360 Page Views

• Views: 360
  • Message 63 of 66

2021-05-20, 21:58 PM

@ TeddyBoozevelt wrote:

This issue is so prevalent and debilitating that I now go out of my way to warn others not to buy this monitor if they' looking to game on it and instead go for the LG or Dell variants that use the same panel. Every time my screen blacks out during an important moment in a game I remember Lenovo' current stance on the issue and it motivates me to dedicate even more time and effort to warn anybody off from purchasing this monitor even if it' a better deal than the comparable variants (the lower price now makes sense considering how defective it is). It' even more appalling to me how long this issue has persisted and the way Lenovo support staff continue to deny the actual reports of countless users and refuse to admit that this issue has not been fixed at all.

I do hope that Lenovo does end up fixing this for real in the future, but this experience has already convinced me to avoid any Lenovo products in the future.

It's very frustrating especially as a dual booter.   I was hugely dismissed because I use a linux operating system.  I can't even read emails in Evolution when i have the display port hooked up.   And forget about running PartedMagic or whatever linux based tool/distro.  I shouldn't have to switch between HDMI and DisplayPort.    I'll buy their ThinkPads but never again will I buy another monitor especially after how long this has been a problem.   Don't get me wrong, its great when it works without blacking out but they need to fix it for good.

Options

10986 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26848 Signins

587555 Page Views

• Views: 587555
  • Message 64 of 66

2021-05-21, 8:27 AM

@ Shadowex3 wrote:

According to the seller, an official importer, service is provided by lenovo and not them. Since you say I need to get in touch with the seller, and the seller says I need to get in touch with lenovo, that means effectively there' no support provided for this product in Israel because each side points a finger at the other.

I'm basing this off the fact, that there is no contact options when selecting the monitor for Israel. As I know it from other countries like Germany, in such case, the warranty claims are being handled by the seller of the unit. You can select a desktop and contact the support in your country this way, I'm sure that the service will be able to provide you more information.

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

4 Posts

04-10-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 65 of 66

2021-07-02, 2:57 AM

My issue recently went away after I changed one of my monitor (1920X1200, 60hz) connections from DVI-D to displayport and disconnected my 3rd monitor (1080p, 60hz) which was connected via HDMI. I'm not sure exactly what caused the issue to finally stop, but I hope any of this information can help Lenovo finally develop a complete fix if they ever do decide to come back and help out those that still struggle with the black screen issue constantly.

Options

6 Posts

01-01-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 66 of 66

2021-08-17, 5:24 AM

Lenovo Support,

I have been running 1.5 since it was originally posted on this forum. It did fully resolve the black screen issue with my 1080 Ti graphic card.

However, I noticed that ever since flashing this firmware the "Low Blue Light" feature will automatically turn off randomly throughout the day even though the "Low Blue Light" option is still selected in the menu. I have to toggle it off and on again in the menu to fix it every night. Please fix this as the main reason I bought this monitor was for the blue light reduction filter.

Thanks!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms